[FFH] - Miss Mahala and the Uncultured Boors

Made it through four turns so far. Killed Stephanos, and one Elohim city, then used Seven Pines. Will soon redeclare on the Elohim to force Sanctuary out of them. But, er, tomorrow.

Played until T170, to try to get us over the boring part. I think I mostly succeeded.

I did not manage to kill any factions, but both the Elohim and the Clan are on the ropes. Either the Elohim already used Sanctuary, or the AI isn't smart enough to use it now. Regardless - they're doing a lot of dying.

I also managed to boost our economy (yeah, yeah, Gaspar, I know), mostly by spamming Kilmorph. It's almost spread everywhere now!

We need to settle some more cities for mana nodes, if nothing else - we want a Life node, and a Metamagic node, at a minimum. There are ruins all over the place that need a good Sancitifaction. And we won't want to keep the DivTower nodes past actually getting the tower built.

Oddly - the shamans had to come home to upgrade to Mages. I didn't think that's how it's supposed to work for the Doviello?

Finally, we have this dilemma - Golden Age, or rush the Tower for Machinery and the War Machine? I want the rush - he's not quite enough for the Tower, but should be able to cut it down to a handful of turns. We'll have a new Great Person soon enough.

The Save

Gaspar, you're up.

What a huge pile of cash! That's all from conquests?

Mostly from pillaging, actually. A razing was typically only worth ~150 gp, while pillaging is between 10 and ~250 g per tile, depending on what was on it. I probably should have turned the slider all the way to 100% research, but we were moving at a good enough clip without it.

Depending on how the Mistventure is progressing, I kinda like the idea of a Tasunke game, with a pillage-econ (don't take cities or workers, so the goose keeps laying the golden eggs :mischief:).

But, yes, there's a reason the chariots and horsemen are spread out all over the place, they're busy being our economy.

Forgot about this, so I just saw I was up now. Uh, that is a lot of cash.

Anyway, I might play tonight but I'll definitely play tomorrow if not.

Took a poke around the save but I can't quite find the energy to play tonight. I'll try and take care of it tomorrow AM.

I think we should cash rush Tower of Div and save the engy for something else. But I'm open to alternate opinions.

I think we should cash rush Tower of Div and save the engy for something else. But I'm open to alternate opinions.

I suppose that's slightly cheaper than researching Machinery directly, and saves a few turns. But the real trouble is, I don't know what 'something else' would be. Most wonders are banned for us, and we're in endgame anyway. We're just going to Machinery for the fun of the War Machine, really.

I suppose that's slightly cheaper than researching Machinery directly, and saves a few turns. But the real trouble is, I don't know what 'something else' would be. Most wonders are banned for us, and we're in endgame anyway. We're just going to Machinery for the fun of the War Machine, really.

I agree. That's really nothing else to use it for, with our variant. Maybe bulbing Mithril Working, but I don't think it'll help that much.

Played to 172. I'll finish tonight. Big empire you don't understand well = slower turns. Rushed ToD as requested.

Alright, got a couple more turns in but need to get some sleep. Going to post a half-assed report and the save and then if Ichabod wants to take over, great. If not, I'll finish, also great.

Ok, playing now, I'll rush the ToD as requested. I'm going to have to play pretty fast - very sorry for the holdup again. But the report will probably leave a bit to be desired. All apologies on that front.

T170: Use the GE on ToD then finish it off with cash. Not sure I entirely understand all these Gambling House builds - we don't really have anything to use our expanded happy caps on.

Burn Inishbofin.
This pillage economy is ridiculous at this stage of the game. We could easily be running 100% science all the time and cash rushing. I made something like 400g from pillaging improvements this turn.

T171: I really want to ToD Blasting Powder but I decide to stick with the plan. Rush the settler in the cap so it can start on The War Machine next turn. Since there's not a single city in the empire that needs Gambling House happy, I decided to turn tech to 100% for a bit. Mardoc left me on Taxation, which is fine. As Ichabod said earlier, I'm not entirely sure what we really need. I guess might as well do the Mithril thing after this for lack of anything better to try.

Burn Renegade Hill.
Burn Cahir Abbey.

Some cities are complete crap and only settled for resources. In those cases I'll just have them build Beastmen to upgrade for all eternity.

T172:

Burn Ballinasloe

Settled Will for Mana.

T173:

Taxation in, onto Mithril Working.

I explored a lair and got Lizards vs. Dwarves. It was close to a city and didn't care so I just ignored it.

Settle Spirit for Gems/Silks/etc.

Burn Slane, Einion is dead.

Seriously, what is with the Gambling Houses? At least Money Changers would have given us another spec slot. Cash rush a bunch of stuff, still have 3600 gold.

T174:

I don't recall if we had a no peace treaty thing but Sheelba's last city is a billion miles away on an island and we're not getting it anytime soon so I take peace for 40g and her map.

Anyway - check it:

Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Save

What's with the mood, Gaspar? "Broken Will", "Broken Spirit", that's just so blue. :p

We got another GE, it seems.

I'm not sure if I'll grab it today. I'm just so tired. I'll give some time to my head and see if I'm in better conditions to play it later.

Top Bottom