Disable blue marble, possible?

Let me investigate this. If I'm correct, it should only be the matter of removing some art file folders. I need to experiment on the copy of Fairy Tale that I have on my girlfriend's computer, and I'll get back to you on this issue.

OK. I went to use my girlfriend's computer and tried to remove the Better Terrain feature, but I could hardly get any work done as she was all over me and didn't leave me alone to do my Fairy Tale. Geez. Women.

At least, I know how to remove the Better Terrain. You need to work a bit with the Fairy Tale/Assets/Art/Terrain folder. Just remove everything except the Routes folder and the Resources folder in there.

In the Resources folder, remove everything but leave Crystal and Dragon Eggs in there, otherwise those won't show up in-game. Also, in the Routes folder, remove the River folder. This operation reverts the terrain foundations back to vanilla Civ.

Also, be sure to set the value for CustomArtFolder in the Fairy Tale .ini to one! This only has to be done if you have Blue Marble installed from before.

Excellent. It's just art files, so they are easily removed and Civ will automatically revert to vanilla.

When you get it setup correctly, save and backup the folder where you've done the changes and just apply it to Fairy Tale again the next time you update (for an example at Version 10 of the game, which is coming next). It's just a matter of deleting the same folder in Version 10 and pasting your updated one.

If we add new resources or anything that needs to be left in, I can personally make a mental note right now to tell you what needs to be changed in your folder.

I think more users will want to do this operation as well, so I'm glad you brought it up.

Actually I don't actually remove the folders, I just rename the unneeded ones. That's safer than deleting, in case of accidental deletion, or if I ever feel like getting the blue marble again :) I think I can take it myself from here, and make sure to pay attention to any change-log of new version. Thanks again.

Top Bottom