Welcome New Members

I've been lurking around the site ever since buzz for Civ 4 caught my attention. I thought I'd go ahead and register and try to contribute when I can. I've been a life long Civ player (back in the DOS days) and enjoyed every version of the game. I still play Civ 3 (vanilla) and now am losing much sleep over Civ 4. I wish I could play more...

Anyways, hope to contribute as much as I've learned from this site.

ANUG

Hello :)

I joined up a few days ago after coming across the forum for the Civ4 Demogame, which I thought was a cool idea.
The first Civ game I tried was Civ3, and I promptly became addicted, and then Civ4 came out...so yeah...
Also, I'm a Cherub (minor staff member) over at HeavenGames :D

Hi all, i am trisound, a new member just registered, i have just started playing Civ4.
I have had the game for a couple of weeks now but had problems i couldnt fix,any way the patch was released and i am now fully working, i must say that i have never played the previous versions of Civ in any form but i remember a friend of mine in probably around 1992 ish! playing the very first one.
Sadly i wasnt interested, i wish i had been ! i absolutely love it, its the best game i have ever played, i am totally green to all the rules and how to play and the handbook that comes with it is like a novel, but i got into the tutorial, and i have just taken it from there, and i have started playing on chieftain level, the very first game ! any way i will keep at it and hopefully i can win!, my real name is Gaz, i am 48 and live in the uk, and thats it really. a little bit about me, also are the earlier versions of Civ still available as i wouldnt mind getting them too?
See ya
trisound

Welcome to CFC! [party]

Yeah, you should be able to get Civ3 easily, and possibly 2 as well. The original is sadly gone from shops, though apparently sometimes one is put up for sale on eBay.

Welcome aboard, trisound! :dance:

Glad you're enjoying your indoctrination to the world of Civ. Be careful, the addictiveness of the game is so powerful, the had to found CivAnon to help hopeless cases like most of the rest of us. :D

Civ3 is available almost everywhere still (I think the current on-shelf release is Civ3Complete). A great game. Civ2 can be found occasionally, if you look really hard. Unfortunately, Civ1 is very rare these days. There is a windows version out there that is a bit easier to find than the original version, but I still wish you luck in finding it.

Remember, Google can be your best friend. ;)

EDIT: I'm 24, btw. And I've been playing since Civ1 was first released. This game will suck you in and not let you go.

Welcome Trisound - I too became a Civ'ver at about 48(53) now - sorry to tell you this but you are now committed for life(lol). I started with Civ 3 when it came out and have had no regrets.

Darwin420 said:
Be careful, the addictiveness of the game is so powerful, the had to found CivAnon to help hopeless cases like most of the rest of us. :D.

GREAT SITE!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish I had an accurate account to all the time I have logged in on Sid games. The list and hours are endless. Sid is like the god of gaming to me and I have followed him and his games for a very long time and I am yet to be dissatisfied with any of the products he was directly involved in. Sid is to strategy gaming as Microsoft is to operating systems.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm going to be getting Civ IV very soon so I decided to join the site. And I have to say it's a great message board from what I've seen. I look forward to getting some much needed info in the future, and maybe give some myself (yeah right). I've played Civ I, II, and III. So I am not new to the Civ games. Though I will be new to playing online, which I hope to do eventually. That's about it...so I'll shut up now.

Ahoy folks,

AJ Cardall here, but, please, feel free to call me AJ or Andrew. I'm fine with either :) My love for Civilization goes back to my days as 5/6 year old watching my Dad play the original game on our old computer. Although the complexity of such a game was lost on me at that young age, I really liked the look of it. One day, when I was ill from school and my Dad was at work, I decided to try and play it myself! :lol: I felt like a bit of a rebel... playing on my Dad's game ;) But I digress. Anyway, needless to say I was hopeless at the game at such a young age! But, I still loved it. As I grew older I began to become more skilled and adapt at the game.

Then the days of Civilization II rolled about! I loved it before I even played it - just because of its title! I got the game for my birthday and I was chuffed! It was hard to get me away from the PC at that stage. I loved the game - especially the animated advisors!

Civilization III came about and things just got better! Sadly, however, I lost my Civ III CD a few months back and haven't played the game since :( However, with the advent of Civilization IV, I no longer mourn its loss as much as I did when I lost it! ;)

It was thanks to Civilization that I fell in love with History and Politics. Two passions that dominate me today (I'm reading International History & Politics at Leeds University at the moment). It is a little crazy to think that Civilization would, indirectly, affect my life like that - but I guess I was young and impressionable when I was first introduced to Civilization.

Anyway, before Michael Aspel is out of work, I'll draw my introduction to a close. I like the look of this forum and I look forward to sharing strategies, stories and techniques with you all.

Regards,
Andrew

:crazyeye: hi all, i was told by a couple of other members i would get addicted to Civ4, well i think it started last night, i played my last turn a 03:51am GMT! before i saved and went to bed, my wife sound asleep,i crept into bed and had another 30 minutes going through the hand book! i have never been so taken with a game before, i really could kick myself for not listening to a friends rantings about it about 12 years ago, i probably missed out on one of the greatest games ever.

Trisound

Hey Everyone...I have been far too long waiting in my joining of this site. I am 17 and I have been playing Civ as soon as I could read. I think I could be one of the youngest people to have played CIV 1 when it came out but correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, I joined up mostly because I think CIV 4 is pretty good and I want to make the most of it with this forum. Hoping to become better aquaintances with all of you.

Patricius

Hello all,

This being my first post, I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a junior in college studying Economics at U of Arizona.

My Civ backround:
I played Civ III about 2 years ago, and loved it. My friend introduced it to me in the dorms and I fell in love with it. I kinda got bored with it at the end because I had to move all my units every turn (but i hear you can group units now, yay!).

I am getting Civ 4 for christmas, so I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I am very excited to get my hands on it.

Anywho, I hope you all have a good day and don't force your wife/girlfriend/life partner to leave you because of this game. :p

-Glerp

About 2 weeks ago an awesome teacher of mine basically GAVE me his copy of civ3. I went home and i was immediately addicted. I had always wanted to try it but until then i never got the chance. I was a bit discouraged at first play because i had NO clue what anything meant or did. I came here to try to figure that out and i completely forgot about my main mission. I became so engrossed in the enormous amount of features,mods and other things this site brought to me that i am now completely one with it. I will never be ripped from it. Now im getting a bit interested in civ4, but sadly my comp sucks too bad to play it yet :(. But my folks have decided to allow me to get a nice comp in my room so once i raise enough money for that my first game on the list is civ4(quickly followed by half-life 2*snicker*). Ive been around for about a week and im still very excited about my future with the civ franchise and this site. Thx all who contributed to this wonderful place!

Hi all, its my first post, ive decided to register because of my sheer excitement over Civ IV. Ive played since CivII, and used to play CivIII into the early hours of the morning. CivIV came out in the UK on Nov 5th (I think) and foolishly, i decided to wait til christmas to get it! Its now Dec 3rd and the wait is just too long, 22 days! I'm having withdrawal symtoms, i may reinstall civIII to quench my gaming thirst

...is futile! :scan:

Hello fellow CivFanatics!
Just joined up today to take part in the upcoming Civ4 GOTMs!
Wasn't too hip on Civ3, mostly stuck to Alpha Centauri, but Civ4 ROCKS MY FREAKING SOCKS OFF!

I look forward to discussing my latest obsession with you all in the very immediate future! :goodjob:

Hi,

I have followed the civ games since civ ll onward, I thought civ lll was awfull, but after my first play of civ4 I am much impressed.

I have some general questions to ask about gameplay in civ4, which threads should I ask them in?

Nik

I've been a regular on the site and forums for a few months now - mostly browsing. However, I just recently officially registered to post. Like the site, and the community.

Hey guys....long time no posting..i haven't been on this site in years (how did i remember my password)..anyway been so long I decided to come back and see what's new.

Hello
I am new to Civilization (the game) my wife thinks otherwise but after much trial and tribulation I have found my way here ,not an easy task for myself and then toss in dial-up and the thousands of posts,I hope you can appreciate how intimidating this all is.
I had problems of course but have managed to solve most ..a call to the technical people , it was good to hear a voice! and the patch 9.01 made my game work! I have been wondering why ever since that is not posted on the 2K web site
Next I thought I would take a stab at the 'game of the month' but I can't figure out where the 'start game file' is supposed to go but something doesn't look right as the downloaded file does not have a file extension either !
I have to say I am more than slightly frustrated however I played tutorial game a enjoyed it
What I really would like is a tutor that could help me by e-mail or icq

Top Bottom