Ideas for Fairy Tale Civs

Some graphic suggestions for the Persian/Parthian/Sassanid civ

Spearman -> Immortal Spearman (uses Mali Skirmisher animations, but set as Melee unit so that it will use the skirmishers melee animations)
Pikeman -> Immortal Pikeman (would be ideal if you could get someone to swap the golden armoured foot model swapped over on the pikemans weapons)
Archer -> Immortal Bowman (the one for Medes (A pre-persian iranian civ))
Horse Archer -> Chariot Archer (use the persian model)
Knight -> Cathapract (the gold coloured one)
Paladin -> Camel Cathapract
Hero name idea: The Charioteer (ask Bakuel and I am sure he could make a Persian version of the egyptian War Chariot)

What do you think about this then?

I think they're all bleedin' beautiful. Thanks. I've saved all the addresses.

I am a great fan of Danrell's units. My dream scenario is always to use Danrell's stuff for as many as possible for a civ and then flesh things out with other creators' units as well. Bakuel does really good stuff and I really like some of the new units in the DB too that I've not gotten around to use yet. Like the Camel Cataphract. That one just has to be used!

In Harry Turtledoves Videssos series, a pre-empire legion is magically transported to another world, so a Roman Civ is a good fantasy civ.

Already suggested, although it will not be compleately roman-inspired, but also a very lot og greek-inspired

Le Sage, I have been thinking of the Persian hero for a while, and I wonder, do you allow me to give it a shot to write a Fairy Tale for him? I Have the story in my mind already so all that is left now is to write it down :)

Here is comes:
The Fairy Tale of the Charioteer
[TAB]Once upon a time in (insert name of persian inspired civ here) there was a prince. This pronce were one day going for a hunt. One day passed, but the prince did not return. More days passed, and the prince did still not return. Being worried about his favorite son, the king started to pray to the gods about his now lost sons return. He prayed for weeks and months, and the gods planned his return, but deep with sorrow, the king cursed the gods, saying that they were no good for him and claiming they was the reason for his son being lost. The next day he set up a search, claiming that it would be of better benefit than the gods and promising a huge reward to anyone who could find his prince. Outraged, the gods made everyone looking for him get lost, and after 2 years still no one had found his prince. Seeing her dads sorrow, the kings daughter prayed for the gods to forgive him, but they said kept saying no. Knowing the high possibilty of her never returning, she went out searching for her brother herself, but she could not find him. After two months of searching, a large beast appeared in front of her. Even if they did not listen before, she prayed for the gods to spare her, and this time, the gods listened. Out of nowhere arrived the prince with his spear ready to throw riding a large chariot. She saved the princess and returned here home.
[TAB]When the prince and prinsess arrived home, the king were so delighted to see tham that he rushed out. When he arrived before the prince he said: "There you are, my son. I knew that the human kind is way superior to the gods all along. Follow me and sit by my side, because you shall be crowned king tomorrow". "I can not, dear dad", the prince replied. "You outraged the gods and dishonoured your name. You brought me what could have been my doom if not my dear sister had prayed for me. But I am still not free. You brought me this curse, and I do not blame you dad, but I am and will forever be a charioteer in the service of the gods. Therefor I have to leave now". The king, shocked by this message, abdicated at once and put his daughter on the throne, spending the rest of his life as a monk, and the now fresh Queen built a large tample on the place where she had been saved by her brother, who now traveled the land nicknamed the Charioteer.

What do you think?

That's pretty good. Let's make the new civ a religious one to reflect the piety of the Princess and Charioteer!

When can we expect the next version?

The next patch is coming pretty soon, actually. There is a Python-addition by Dafiden I want to add to it still and do some other stuff. Like the broken .kfm.

How about a Finnish/Sami inspired civ of Snow Demons to fill the area by the Frozen Sea?

While I really wished it wasn't so, there haven't been much progress on this mod for a looong time. Guess you could make that civ yourself, but that's the only way I believe

Yes, unfortunately, I stopped working on Fairy Tale a long time ago. I modded Oblivion with great success after this and I've also tried my hand at Skyrim. I recently discovered and made a small modding project for the excellent strategy game Distant Worlds. At this point, I'm no longer working regularly on any mod at all although I still have a few projects to finish.

Guess I could try to mock up a Persian Inspired civ though as an extra DLC... If Le Sage could make me an LH, I guess I could have it done in a week or two :)

How about using that Princess from the Persian hero story as their leader? She would fit I believe

Couldn't someone take over where Le Sage left off?

Top Bottom