Tier List

chinese players will usually get them faster than that. But it's not that uncommon. Usually with just about any civ you can get tanks before 1000AD without any huge swings of luck.

If you are getting them before 500AD, then you need a few things to go your way. But I've had tanks by 100AD in MP, but you can get them sooner in SP with the right situation.

How? See I know that im missing something in teching because 100 ad is only 50 turns in. Is there a video I can watch demonstrating this?

Someone in ffa is in the top ten with the germans.

edit
Also I really just started playing ffa, I come to the conclusion zulus arent that good in FFA because good human players can stop there rush. I wouldnt considered them top tier only in head to head.

I think that's Dynadan in the FFA top 10, i think he may be #1. But he uses other civs too. He's a really good player, he could probably be in the top ranks with the Russians if he wanted to.

As for the Zulu. Yes, they are a little less powerful in FFA because you don't have easy AI to beat up on. But there are still many top zulu players that win a lot of games with them, and I wouldn't push them out of the top tier, even in FFA. The issue is that the Zulus are a magnet for less skilled players, and so often you won't see them be as successful. But top Zulu players like Kyodai will still crush you even if that don't get an early cap. The Zulu have great bonuses, like Rapid City Growth and 50% Gold. They are so easy to expand with after 5 techs, and they can still get most of the barbs and huts on the map, no matter who they're playing against. But in general, they are a little less overpowered than they are in H2H.

I have never really seen the power of rapid city growth, what does it do? From what ive seen it shave a turn or 2 on growth.

rapid city growth is +50% food production basically, but it appears on the screen as the same food production, just takes 50% less time to grow. Basically, if you want to grow a city from 4pop to 5 pop, it takes 40 food normally, but with the zulu it's only 30 food, or basically what it takes others to grow from 3pop to 4pop.

This is extremely powerful after 5 techs, because that's when most people are doing the bulk of their expansion. Zulu cities can often be to 10pop early in the AD, I know their cities are usually 8pop or more by the time the BC ends. So this, coupled with republic, plus caps captured, early dominace of the map with lots of gold, and 50% gold after 14 techs is pretty good. In the modern they get half-priced riflemen, which isn't really that great, but it's still useful in its own right. But those first 4 bonuses are extremely powerful and easily puts them at or near the top of the list in my book.

It's just there's a lot of newer players that only know the impi warrior rush, and don't know when to stop spamming warriors and how to expand and tech up. You can claim so much of the map with the warrior armies, you don't even need to take a cap early in the game, you can basically choke off huge chunks of the map. Those vet impi warrior armies fortified are hard to uproot, especially if they are on forests or hills. Plus they are powerful camping out in the other's terriotory trying to snag settlers and new cities that don't have archer armies in them.

btw, why aren't you on 2kforums?

rapid city growth is +50% food production basically, but it appears on the screen as the same food production, just takes 50% less time to grow. Basically, if you want to grow a city from 4pop to 5 pop, it takes 40 food normally, but with the zulu it's only 30 food, or basically what it takes others to grow from 3pop to 4pop.

This is extremely powerful after 5 techs, because that's when most people are doing the bulk of their expansion. Zulu cities can often be to 10pop early in the AD, I know their cities are usually 8pop or more by the time the BC ends. So this, coupled with republic, plus caps captured, early dominace of the map with lots of gold, and 50% gold after 14 techs is pretty good. In the modern they get half-priced riflemen, which isn't really that great, but it's still useful in its own right. But those first 4 bonuses are extremely powerful and easily puts them at or near the top of the list in my book.

It's just there's a lot of newer players that only know the impi warrior rush, and don't know when to stop spamming warriors and how to expand and tech up. You can claim so much of the map with the warrior armies, you don't even need to take a cap early in the game, you can basically choke off huge chunks of the map. Those vet impi warrior armies fortified are hard to uproot, especially if they are on forests or hills. Plus they are powerful camping out in the other's terriotory trying to snag settlers and new cities that don't have archer armies in them.

btw, why aren't you on 2kforums?

I don't know if you know who is MrGamTheory but was I was doing against him was just using zulu (to open his eyes about zulu), spamming impis plus barracks.. I had like 10 impi armies before AD, maybe in 30 turns, but I was still teching a bit. The growth bonus seems not so powerful to tech so fast, in my opinion

The problem is with the Zulu, is that sometimes they can luck out and capture a civ that gives them an insane tech. It's not fun when a Zulu player rushes a Spanish or Arab civ, because when they have Galleons and island cities, the Zulus only add to their attack (by the naval support) and have a ridiculous amount of science going early, if they spam island cities fast enough. As well, Fundamentalism Zulu Warriors are unreal, and if they get lucky and get them early, it's very hard to stop.

The problem is with the Zulu, is that sometimes they can luck out and capture a civ that gives them an insane tech. It's not fun when a Zulu player rushes a Spanish or Arab civ, because when they have Galleons and island cities, the Zulus only add to their attack (by the naval support) and have a ridiculous amount of science going early, if they spam island cities fast enough. As well, Fundamentalism Zulu Warriors are unreal, and if they get lucky and get them early, it's very hard to stop.

Cheaper horsemen armies (fundametalism) :D

Fundamentalism anything is pretty unstoppable if they are upgraded right. I always have a hard time playing against Arab players, but I realized that you cant defend again them, you have to attack them before they attack you.

Fundamentalism anything is pretty unstoppable if they are upgraded right. I always have a hard time playing against Arab players, but I realized that you cant defend again them, you have to attack them before they attack you.

I agree attack them first. Btw Arab archers are nasty. Ive opened up on horsemen armies and destroyed them. 6 normal 9 on hill.

Question. I was playing a FFA with the chinese and I killed this arab players knight army with my Triple Elite Legion army. It turned into a general. The very next turn the game resynchs and I lose my legion army and 2 cities. My general was just hanging out by himself and the Knight army that I killed was alive! Also one of the cities that I magically lost to this arab player was my Military production city that had a barracks and a great military guy. Basically after the game resynched It went from my game to his game. Did this happen to anyone before??

Im coming to the conclusion the rapid city growth isnt powerful. The zulu come down from top tier on ffa.

There's a chance that when the game resynchs, that you'll lose something. I remember when I was the Aztecs and my entire Elite Horseman army got deleted after a resync, and it totally sucked -.-

resynchs can do some nasty things. Most often if you lose anything, you'll lose a tech (but the tech can usually be researched in a turn), you'll lose a settler (especially a settler on a galley/galleon), or you'll lose an offensive army.

Resynchs only happen to those who aren't hosting, so in H2H, I almost never choice to join a lobby that already has someone in it. I've lost too many games because resynches have robbed me of settlers or other things early in the game.

In FFA, the resynches don't seem as frequent or as mean as they do in H2H.

but I've had weirder things happen to me before.

Like flying galleys (ones that can go over land), invisible units, units stranded in the water, gaining/losing lots of gold, 10 turns passing by etc etc.

Top Bottom