The Third World War 1989

Mugabe's muscle. Intervened in Angola, Mozambique and Congo.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Zimbabwe.png
    Tanelorn Zimbabwe.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,002
This reminds me ... with the "MALTA!'' scenario being my favourite, I think that only maltan and cuban infantry are left not covered (there was Zimbabwe help possible), it will have all the units done for a ToT conversion. I am sure that gapetit will be interested. :D

But this is for later! Keep up the line with those awesome camos and flags Tan !

P.S.: Upon checking ... it needs a Tomcat too *looks at Fairline* :lol:

Thanks S, ditto.

Reinforcements have arived, imperialists beware.

Nigeria or detour for either Portuguese colonial troops or Rhodesians... which shall it be?

Attachments

• Tanelorn Guinea Bissau Mozambique and Rebels.png
    Tanelorn Guinea Bissau Mozambique and Rebels.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,598
Rhodesian Security Forces, 70s.

Shoutout to BC1871

Portuguese tomorrow

Attachments

• Tanelorn Rhodesia.png
    Tanelorn Rhodesia.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 987
Guerra do Ultramar or Portuguese overseas war.
Does that make the Fuzileiros Ultramarines? No power armor and boltguns? :p

Plus some Rhodesian extras.

And a couple of Maltese for you Strelok.

Cubans on the way.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Portuguese overseas war.png
    Tanelorn Portuguese overseas war.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 981
  • Tanelorn Malta.png
    Tanelorn Malta.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 929
Hasta la victoria siempre!

FAR Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias Regular army
MTT Milicias de Tropas Territoriales Territorial Militia
BPD Brigadas de Producción y Defensa Paramilitaries
EJT Ejército Juvenil del Trabajo Youth labor army
DDG Desembarco de Granma Naval infantry
Tropas Speciales, Avispas Negras, Black Wasps: Spetsnaz type Elites
Tropas de Asalto y Desembarco: Airborne special forces

Olive drab works for early home service uniforms, medium green for modern ones.

The Cuban grey lizard pattern has remained in service from the 70s into the present day. I have here both dark grey & golden brown and brown stripes on medium grey background, but I favor the first. The design is best known for its use by Cuban advisors to Africa. It is also worn by the Guantanamo Bay Border Guards.

The old so-called elm leaf pattern that was used from the late 1960s and worn into the 1980s, was limited to the Tropas Especiales.

I posted this a bit late so there are a few mistakes here and there, I will update this and add the anti-Castro 2506 assault brigade.

I also made a hole on the stock of the PK. AFAIK only the Yugo Zastava M84 has a solid stock (correct me otherwise).

Are the Contras and the Sandinistas up anytime soon in the queue?

They sure are.
I updated/ fixed the Cuban list including the anti-Castro brigade, look for it in the first post.

Internet scam hub of the world. Problem is, more than once, googling the Nigerian Civil war led me to Dead Kennedys Jello binges instead.

The Nigerian federal army is better than most in Africa and it also has a very generic long lasting look.
The Biafran duckhunter camo is notable because it was locally produced. I only had black and white photos of it though, so I went for the original US colours.

And they also produce (and use) the FAL, the G3 and the AKM concurrently, which is a fun fact.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Nigeria.png
    Tanelorn Nigeria.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 870
Actually, I believe in the last 5 years, the Philippines are giving Nigeria a run for their money for the title "Internet scam hub of the world." Which of course brings a reminder to hopefully get to the CPP, NPA, NDF, Makabayan, MLPP-RHB, APP, RPA, ABB, CPLA, Alsa Masa, CAFGU, MNLF, MILF, MRLO, Ampatuan militia, RSM, KIM, BIFF, Jemaah Islamiyah, JIM, MILF rogue faction, and, of course, the Armed Forces of the Philippines and those outside forces that intervened in those insurgencies, at some point in this thread. ;)

Well, admittedly that is a lot of groups, and many were small, and given how intertwined some of the smaller Communist and Moro Islamist insurgent groups, respectively, were with each other, some of them may not look that distinct from each other in a Civ2 ToT unit portrayal, so I'd probably say a good representative spread would be a really nice set in any case. Either way, I do look forward to seeing whatever you (hopefully) come up with for this multifaceted and some-lasting conflict at some point in the queue.

I have Senegal ready. The plan is to do Mali/Mauritania/Polisario and Sierra Leone/RUF next to round up the African compilation. I am open to suggestions though.

I will move to Latin America after that.

I stay out of the rest of Asia intentionally for now, to make room for people to step in if they are so inclined ;)

What about Liberia, Cote Ivoire, and Burkina Faso? I'm sure they've had significant civil wars, I just can't remember what years or who was involved.

Original French style camo. For civil war looks add the Liberians above.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Blood diamond.png
    Tanelorn Blood diamond.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 816
Former Upper Volta. Their current uniforms are pretty unique though.

Argentina next.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Upper Volta.png
    Tanelorn Upper Volta.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 790
Great job Tanelorn! The Rhodesian Security Forces are very impressive, and the addition of the INTAF District Security Assistant, and the Pre-UDI Forces are impressive as well.

Just wondering why there was no BSAP Officers added?

Overall though, top notch and very well done!

I am really looking forward to the Contras, Sandinistas, FLMN, and Salvadorian government forces. I don't know whether it will influence your drawings or not, but I've read the Contras and FLMN had the highest percentage of active-combat female members of any rebel or guerilla groups in the '80's, at times close to 50% of non-officer personnel.

Behold all the kick-ass Contra ladies with assault rifles in hand!

Attachments

• Contra_commandas_1987.jpg
    Contra_commandas_1987.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 159
Top Bottom