The Third World War 1989

Thank you both. Though I am a bit out of steam at the moment, be sure that Central America will be my next post. This is be an ongoing project, which means that I am updating previous posts in the meantime as new info comes up.
-edit- Started with Nicaragua.

Laurent or Joseph, or both Tech? I believe their armies were a bit different from each other.

Lets put this back on track
Falklands Argentine forces:

Attachments

• Tanelorn Falklands Argentinians.png
    Tanelorn Falklands Argentinians.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 578
:cooool:
I love the units. :goodjob:
Scenario "South Atlantic Conflict" of Alejandro Spinelli was waiting for these Argentine units. There are still a few more to completion, but I think it will be an excellent scenario TOT.
I've finished the scenario of "War of Independence" of Greece. I think the only thing that would change would be that there barbarous Russian infantry ... though not very important. On the other hand maybe you could add more units in conquest because in the end I had only recovered half the country ... Any recommendation? And do not appear barbarian units in Greece ... they appear in Anatolia. Yet, what do you think the result?

Thanks, G. I will definitely expand the Argentine list further. Half the fun is the research I think.
About the scenario, I really have no clue, it is Pericle's scenario. Maybe you could ask him- or go with your gut, do your own thing?

Various Contra groups:
FDN are former Somosa national guard (CIA sponsored via ilicit deals with Iran).
ARDE are Sandinista defectors.
Misquito indians are in surplus Honduran gear.
Their AKs came from Ceaușescu's Romania. Better equiped units had G3s instead (Iranian?).

Attachments

• Tanelorn Nicaragua Contras.png
    Tanelorn Nicaragua Contras.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 569
Thanks, G. I will definitely expand the Argentine list further. Half the fun is the research I think.
About the scenario, I really have no clue, it is Pericle's scenario. Maybe you could ask him- or go with your gut, do your own thing?

Pericles? I do not know what means of translation :crazyeye: :lol:... The scenario is War of 1821. I do not know the author (¿?), But after the controversy I can say it has been pretty good conversion to TOT and I think quite entertaining. I hope to pass shortly.

My bad. I didn't explain myself. Palaiologos is the author.
Anyway, Fuerzas Armadas de Honduras:

Attachments

• Tanelorn Honduras.png
    Tanelorn Honduras.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 604
The traditional enemy of Honduras, El Salvodor, blitzkirieged them to a near total rout in the 70s insane footbal war but nearly lost the country to the marxist Farabundo Marti (FMLN) by 1989. The national guard was a brutal gendarmerie modeled after Franco's Guardia National in practice and looks down to their uniforms, disbanded after the 1992 peace accord. The rebels looted most of their gear from the army, by the end they looked almost identical.

Attachments

• Tanelorn El Salvador.png
    Tanelorn El Salvador.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 561
Thanks G!
Now, for such a large and populous country, Mexico's army is suprisingly small and ill equiped for anything but internal security. On the other hand, given their bitter and polonged prior experience with politicaly strong militaries, their leadership opted out of the string of coup after coup their southern neighbours experienced in the 20th century.
The Rurales are an informal gendarmerie, the Federales incorporate military police and assault troops as well as regular police. The Khaki is for the arid north, the dark green for the south. Since the 90s they have moved from duckhunter to woodland patterns and more. Zapatistas and Guatemala next?

Attachments

• Tanelorn Mexico.png
    Tanelorn Mexico.png
    23 KB · Views: 553
Well, you know, they have oil and such now but not much in the way of airforce or even a single tank. They have dragoons though (to do). Since they don't face external threats, their primary concern should have been the drug cartels that have meanwhile taken over the country more or less.
Guatemala and Chiapas, both sides of the Maya lands of old.
The Guatemalans have a mix of Korean wave pattern fatigues & Israeli gear.The URNG are a coalition of Guatemalan leftist guerilas. The Zapatista's gun is probably a crude mock-up.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Guatemala.png
    Tanelorn Guatemala.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 546
There has, actually, been one external target mulled over a few times for that army by several Guatamalan Presidents - Belize, a country they claim as their rightful "sovereign, historical" territory - but then a British defensive force (Royal Marines?) moved in at the invitation of the Prime Minister of Belize (a Commonwealth Realm), and Guatamala's governments have tried moved toward diplomatic moves at annexation since.

Top Bottom