Ideas I have in mind for new scenarios

civ2units

Emperor
Like I wrote in another thread I´ve many ideas for new scenarios in mind. Ok, I know, I should release my American Independence War and Civilwar scenarios first but I wouldn´t like to concentrate only on one little part of a map. I´m more for something like a global scenario. Also I would like to give the player the possibility to play his own history with a selected nation.

I´ve found this map on my hard drive, called "Redux". Unfortunatelly I don´t know who created it but I found the map nice and given me many ideas for new scenarios.

What I have in mind are scenarios between the 18th century until the 21st century by using this map.

For example a scenario during the WW2 playing the Soviet Union defending their own country from the evil Nazis and after that trying to conquer the rest to realize the dream of a world communist revolution.

Or a scenario during the American Civilwar playing as the Confederacy, conquering North and Central America and after that going eastward, gathering countries in Africa and maybe Europe.

All scenarios will get a small Tech tree and a huge variety of units. Wonders will be also buildable. It statrs historical but after a few turns you can go your own way. Using the events will make the way difficult and hopefully interesting for you.

What do you think, would you like to play those kind of scenarios? If so, I will give it a go :)

Attachments

• New_map.png
    New_map.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 552
Hi civ2units,

Personally, I've never been a big fan of "what if" type scenarios. I much prefer those based on real history, even though the Redux map you found looks great and I can understand why it's inspired you.

I played both your "American Independence War" and "A Divided Nation - US Civil War" scenarios, in the past, and found both had a great look and feel and remember enjoying them.

Though, with regards the former, I recall I found it it a little frustrating that only some of the tiles had the fortress attritbute whereas many others didn't and therefore you constantly had to check which ones did or didn't before stacking large numbers of troops on them.

Your Civil War scenario was fun but of course unfinished. It has great potential (and served as a source of inspiration for my own "A House Divided" scenario).

As such, speaking for myself, I'd be much more interested in seeing you bring these two scenarios to fruition.

EDIT: Would you be willing to attach the map to the thread (the European section might be ideal for a project I had already started working on in the past).

Not to mention a Cruel Sea ToT redux...
Though I doubt the AI can handle so much sea.

I´ve found a link to a website which hosts much more Civ2 maps. I don´t know when this site was updated last time but I also found "my" Redux map, called "Western World", created by Daniel Fierro.

He also created a map called "Silk Road". It includes Asia instead of the East coast of North America.

Civ 2 maps

Ah, yes, I'm aware of this website. In fact I've downloaded several maps from here already. It is a good resource for the areas of the map offers, even if the selection is ultimately somewhat small. It does have, for instance, the only map on the net I'm aware of of the entire continent of Africa, which I'm quite of fond and may have use for in the more distant future.

There are two scenarios which should be funny to play on the map. I´m thinking about a 7 Years War or maybe Napoleonic Wars scenarrio, as both areas took place in Europe as well as in America and North Africa.

The another one would be settled in 1880 and will led into WW1. All big European nations had colonies in Africa. It also was the age of many explorers from Britain, France and Germany. I can include hidden cities and other nice things into the scenarrio, given the player advantages when discovering it.

What do you think, which one would you like to prefer? :)

I would like to make a US 6th (med) 3rd (atlantic) and 2nd (arctic) fleet vs Soviet Northern, Baltic and Black sea fleet cold war game. I am slowly building up the units to that end.

Hi civ2units,
I played both your "American Independence War" and "A Divided Nation - US Civil War" scenarios, in the past, and found both had a great look and feel and remember enjoying them.

Though, with regards the former, I recall I found it it a little frustrating that only some of the tiles had the fortress attritbute whereas many others didn't and therefore you constantly had to check which ones did or didn't before stacking large numbers of troops on them.

Your Civil War scenario was fun but of course unfinished. It has great potential (and served as a source of inspiration for my own "A House Divided" scenario).

As such, speaking for myself, I'd be much more interested in seeing you bring these two scenarios to fruition.

It´s great to read that you liked my scenarios.:)
You reminds me, especially for the Civil War scenario, to finish it. And I think I should do this before I start a new one.

Here´s a little screenshot of th Eastern Theater at the start of the war.

Attachments

• Eastern_Theater.png
    Eastern_Theater.png
    244 KB · Views: 428
That Euro/America map more or less screams "medieval mongol scenario".

I would like to create a scenario where you play as perhaps polish/abbasid/novogorod, and must face mongolian and timurid hordes...

This sounds interesting but I´m afraid that the American country and parts of Africa are useless for this scenario.
I would prefer more a 7 Years War scenario with fightings in the colonies and central Europe :)

Well, I´ve cut off everything westward the Rocky Mountains, so the Pacific States are not represented in the scenario as they didn´t play a role during the war. But the Great Plains will be available, native Indians will also play a part.

Currently I´m fighting with the mechanics of Civ2. There are too much time gone since I created a scenario. And now, with the possibilities of TOTPP :)

Good to know :)
Until now, I had no problems. But it seems that those nice tools like CivCity and CivTweak doesn´t work anymore. But I think it´s because I´m using Win7 64bit. With my former 32bit version I had no problems.

Like I wrote in another thread I´ve many ideas for new scenarios in mind. Ok, I know, I should release my American Independence War and Civilwar scenarios first but I wouldn´t like to concentrate only on one little part of a map. I´m more for something like a global scenario. Also I would like to give the player the possibility to play his own history with a selected nation.

I´ve found this map on my hard drive, called "Redux". Unfortunatelly I don´t know who created it but I found the map nice and given me many ideas for new scenarios.

What I have in mind are scenarios between the 18th century until the 21st century by using this map.

For example a scenario during the WW2 playing the Soviet Union defending their own country from the evil Nazis and after that trying to conquer the rest to realize the dream of a world communist revolution.

Or a scenario during the American Civilwar playing as the Confederacy, conquering North and Central America and after that going eastward, gathering countries in Africa and maybe Europe.

All scenarios will get a small Tech tree and a huge variety of units. Wonders will be also buildable. It statrs historical but after a few turns you can go your own way. Using the events will make the way difficult and hopefully interesting for you.

What do you think, would you like to play those kind of scenarios? If so, I will give it a go :)
I'm in the early stages of building an 18th century scenario. It'll start in the 1740-50s; and will be a combination of Seven Years War meets Age of Discovery. There will be a mostly unmapped continent with France, and the Ottomans on it. There will be sugar and spice islands to fight over etc. It will be on an imaginary map. I dislike world maps. They're so predictable. Same old choke points, and must have terrain. Boring! I also want to repurpose some of the wonders/improvements. Library becomes a Coffee House. Adam Smith's Trading Company becomes the Kit Cat Club, Great Library becomes the Academy Francaise. Stadium becomes a school. A couple of the other wonders get modified to produce say, a frigate, or cav/grenadier unit every five turns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom