What Civs are in?

its definitely Russia. theres a Stalin in the game trailer on the website, so it has to be russia.

Yeah. I just saw the trailer. It has to be Stalin for two reasons.
1. He's in the trailer
2. He's the most well-known of the three that were in Civ Iv because he's the most recent to rule

Phoenicia sounds considerably better than Carthage I must say... at least then they can have a definite ruler who was not known more his military endeavours then ruling a nation (Hannibal).

Shaka leads Africa insted of Zululand, althogh I don't see that logic.

Me neither. He never lead all of Africa, and he probably never traveled above the congo jungle. They should change it to Zulu:mad: :lol: :lol: :cry:

if they were to change to a real African civ, the likelihood I see of as near impossible, there are really only three decent choices in my opinion:

- Zululand - because its a Civ tradition
- Mali/Songhai - because they were real nations and economic powers
- Ethiopia - because its an ancient civilization that has interacted with Europe (Western bias, hint hint) quite often, and is well known otherwise for its assosiation with Monotheistic Religions

Other not-so-great possibilites would be Nubia, or Congo.

But otherwise, they didn't change Native Americans to Sioux in BtS, so I don't think they'll bother to change this.

if they were to change to a real African civ, the likelihood I see of as near impossible, there are really only three decent choices in my opinion:
- Zululand - because its a Civ tradition
- Mali/Songhai - because they were real nations and economic powers
- Ethiopia - because its an ancient civilization that has interacted with Europe (Western bias, hint hint) quite often, and is well known otherwise for its assosiation with Monotheistic Religions
Other not-so-great possibilites would be Nubia, or Congo.
I think Zulu's (Because they rule);) ;) ;) Or Ethiopia. I think they should try Nubia. The only problem is, a lot of people I talk to have never even heard of them.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where did you see this one???

Here

It mentions Prince Hector of the Phoenicians. There is also an interview that mentions Prince Hector of the Venetians, but at Poly ot was decided that it is probably a mistranscription. The only queston is, who is Prince Hector? Do a search and the only result you'll get is Prince Hector of Troy. I would have expected Hiram of Tyre for the Phoenicians.

according to Wikipedia, the only possibility I would see is Hector barbarossa from Pirates of the Carribean.

:joke:

Yeah. I just saw the trailer. It has to be Stalin for two reasons.
1. He's in the trailer
2. He's the most well-known of the three that were in Civ Iv because he's the most recent to rule

It actually has to Catherine because she's already been confirmed by Barry Caudill in PolyCast.

I've never even heard of Hector. I think they should make it Hiram to.

Damn! There are a lot of Screen shots released today! (explore the possiblities :mischief: )

It actually has to Catherine because she's already been confirmed by Barry Caudill in PolyCast.

if so... i wonder if she has her awesome Civ3 style or her not-so-awesome Civ4 style... (oh, wait, other way around)

oho, now we have a little girl to fight with. that'd be 1000 times better when you get whooped by...

or, does it mean "cute" as in "grandma" kind of cute?

Africa civilization? Did firaxis go nuts or something? Might as well put in Europe...

I agree. Who in their right mind would put Africa instead of the Zulu:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I hope they don't screw it up. Damn thats a lot of new screenshots they put up. Some of them look ok too.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Civ's:
1. Rome - Caesar;
2. Mongolia - Genghis Khan;
3. US - Lincoln;
4. Egypt - Cleo???;
5. India - Gandhi;
6. Aztecs - Montezuma;
7. Africans - Shaka Zulu (that's new!!!);
8. Spain - Isabel!!!;
9. Germany - Bismark?;
10. Greece - Alexander!!!;
11. Arabs - Saladin???;
12. France - Napoleon!!!;
Well that remains 4 civ's, and still I didn't see:
13. England - Elizabeth? ;
14. Japan;
15. China;
16. (and this one will be triky...) Babylon, Persia, Portugal, Scandinavia?
RUSSIA!!! I forgot Russia!!!
Wonders:
Colossus;
Oracle;
Hanging Gardens;

Rome: Duh, we know that they're in! But what "Caesar" do they mean?
Mongolia: Genghis Khan really shouldn't look that tall, as he was less than 5 feet tall. But he at least looks much more fierce in CivRev.:eek:
America: Why Lincoln over Washington?
Egypt: Why Cleopatra instead of Ramses II (the Egyptian leader in Civ1)?
India: GANDHI WASN'T AN ACTUAL INDIAN LEADER!!!
Aztecs: I hope they mean Montezuma I.
Africa: I'm guessing it's the "African" Empire because most people in the new audience Firaxis is aiming for have seldom heard of the Carthaginians, Malinese, Ethiopians, or Zulu, and also believe that Africa is pretty much the same no matter what part of the continent.
Spain: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Germany: There was a screenshot of Bismarck at IGN.
Greece: Why Alexander instead of Pericles or Leonidas?
Arabia: Man, kids are going to look forward SOOOOOOO much to squashing these guys.:sad:
France: Everybody knows Napoleon, it seems. What about Joan of Arc?
England: This civ was confirmed at the recent preview at Gamespot.
Japan: Confirmed by one the first interviews. Apparently, their cities do best on the coast.
China: Haven't seen anything about them.
Russia: They were confired by the same interview at IGN that Japan was confirmed in. And their leader is Catherine, not Stalin.

Top Bottom