MOO2Civ

Also, MOO2Civ (Patch4) FULL INSTALL is currently being tested - so far succesfully - for Multiplayer capability on IP Connection.;)

Great looking mod. Good to finally see a decent Final Frontier mod either than bloody star trek :lol:

On behalf of the contributors: thx! (But besides Star Trek Mod Preview there's also a Babylon 5 mod in development.);)

I love MOO2, and much props to all the people that did all that xml work, but who ever just threw the Final Frontier python files into this mod should have taken a few minutes and accually DONE somthing with them.

I tryed playing it, but the number of python exceptions I got made it unplayable. There are all kinds of calls in the code to FF buildings, traits, ect and when I tryed to play it over my LAN, OOS error as soon as the game finished loading.

Great thanx to all those that have put work in on this mod, but it is not a "Full Install", its more like a late stage Beta.

+1 download for you JEELEN.

Recognized your name from the Amra thread and assumed that this is a quality mod. I doubt I'll be let down.

I love MOO2, and much props to all the people that did all that xml work, but who ever just threw the Final Frontier python files into this mod should have taken a few minutes and accually DONE somthing with them.

I tryed playing it, but the number of python exceptions I got made it unplayable. There are all kinds of calls in the code to FF buildings, traits, ect and when I tryed to play it over my LAN, OOS error as soon as the game finished loading.

Great thanx to all those that have put work in on this mod, but it is not a "Full Install", its more like a late stage Beta.

Hey, I don't put FULL INSTALL after MOO2Civ (Patch4) if it hasn't been thoroughly playtested. If properly installed, there should be NO errors. (And it hasn't been tested over LAN or anything, just for Singleplayer mode so far.) So, do you mind telling how you've got it installed on your computer?

@Alkyon: the original MOO2Civ mod for Final Frontier was created by NCCSavage, who seems to have left Civfanatics Center. At present it's still a Work In Progress, but thx for the vote of confidence!;)

No problem, you haven't tested it for MP, most mods never are. But take a look through /Assets/Python/CvFinalFrontierEvents.py. There is no BUILDING_MANUFACTURING_PLANT and none of the traits called in this file have been changed from the FF traits to MOO2 traits. If you don't want the MOO2 traits to have any extra bonuses via python then you should atleast take the code out.

I downloaded MOO2Civ patch 4 and it just failed to load. :( Not even an error message came up, as the application just froze up. :( I tried several times, but had the same result on each attempt. At least patch 3 was playable.

I'm a bit disappointed, but still hopeful that you will get the bugs worked out.

Very Repectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

@Jeckel: Thx for the info - will look into it.

@OrionVeteran: Sorry Patch4 won't even load - especially since Patch3 worked fine. At this point I'm not sure what else to say, as the latest Patch4 works fine on my end. (Have to think about this one for a bit, cause all I really did was follow the steps to install the original MOO2Civ, save the result as a complete FF modpack and add Patch4 to get the FULL INSTALL. As I said, I've thorougly tested it before upload.)

If anyone else has any bugs, issues or comments relating to Patch4, please let me know!

Well, at this point I actually wanted to do a status report, but the issues arising with loading Patch4 are making me doubt whether to release a hotfix or just incorporate it in Patch5 (with woodelf's models to be included). Anyway, I'll get back to you on this.

I'll be making a Python Hotfix.

In the meantime I've clarified the download instructions on the Download Page. I've also checked the file by downloading to see if something was wrong there; as mentioned the mod is being tested for Multiplayer mode as well and this has given no errors or bugs as of yet.

Please check if MOO2Civ (Patch4) is installed correctly before posting bug/error reports!

I'll be making a Python Hotfix.

Well, that may be a while as I haven't ever done anything in Python - and if I remove something from a Python file it means I'll need to load the whole Patch. Right now I'm not even able to open the file as I don't know which program to use. (I've been looking through the Python/SDK section, but that didn't help much.) Jeckel, anybody???

On the upside (for those who can actually play it) MOO2Civ (Patch4) FULL INSTALL now has 600+ downloads. (Just hope I'm right in thinking most of the downloaders can actually load the patch properly...)

I've been messing around with it a bit. If your working on python then turn your python exceptions on in your CivilizationIV.ini, then you should get popups for the python errrors that are hit while playing.

To edit python files you can just use notepad or your fav wordprossesor, but like editing XML with a text editor, make sure it saves as a .py file and not as a .txt or somthing. However, it might help to go to the python sight and dl and install python. Then you can use the built in python editor with will give you all the highlighting of syntax and what not.

I did a little work on it last night and if you fix the calls in FInalFrontierEvents.py to FF xml types then that should fix all the problems. I did that and it played just fine, even worked in MP without OOS. :>

Errr...OK, I could redo the work you already did, but why not post your Python fix here, so other people can use it as well? (I'll include it on the DL Page and you'll get credit for making it.)

Right: been occupied lately, but couldn't resist sharing that MOO2Civ (Patch4) is now officially at 800 downloads!:)

In preparation: Python fix/Patch5. Talk to you later!

Top Bottom