Need tips for indonesia

nightwolf199

Chieftain
Hi
I am trying to play as Indonesia recently and was wondering whether anyone had any tips on how to use them effectively. Can they be that effect on maps that don't contain lots of islands? and how should the Candhi be used effectively? Should I be keeping my religion to myself and letter others spread their religion to gain the benefit from the Candhi? Any tips would be appreciated thanks.

I would suggest an empire of about 4-6 cities, possibly more, with at least two of them situated on other continents to get the Spice Islands benefit. I would also suggest not getting a religion, so that you don't waste time settling and you can then use that faith from the Candi more to your advantage via Trade Routes. Eventually, you'll want a trade empire, with a few cities in strategic locations, maximising your range.

If you have the Iron, which you may get by settling on other continents, build some Kris Swordsmen. They're OP.

I'm wondering what map to play them on. Their UA requires there be enough islands that you can get three new cities on separate land masses. However their UB needs either lakes or rivers next to the city. So the land masses have to be small enough that there are three islands near you but big enough that there will be inland lakes or rivers running through them.

I just finished an Immortal game with Indonesia on continents. Their UA is very useful, and not as situational as most people think. Unless you are playing an all land map, you should have no trouble finding 3 islands to settle on, assuming you don't wait too long. They don't even need to be good locations, as you will be getting +4 happiness and +240 gold free no matter were you place them. Just make sure you don't settle a luxury, because your unique one will replace it. An annoying point about the luxuries; however, is that the AI likes to ban them in the world congress. So you will need enough political clout to prevent those proposals from passing.

Their UU can be good or bad, but it isn't game changing in any way. Their UB is situational. In my game, there were only two religions on my continent until much later in the game, so I didn't get much benefit of it.

Personally, I found Indonesia to be incredibly easy to get happiness for. (Late in the game I decided to go for the Soma tablet achievement for the heck of it with them.)

I could have easily founded 7 cities if I were willing to pay the national wonder slowdown price which I wasn't.

Top Bottom