Steam Workshop alternative downloads

paul92

Chieftain
Hi, i'm new and i just registered here after lurking around for a lot of time, because i wanted to try some cool mod...

The first one i'm searching for is whatever that get ride of the 1 unit per tile limit...

I saw there is a famous mod called Legions...

I decided to give steam another chance after giving me a lot of trouble, and after downloading it, it firstly didn't recognize it in my game, and afterward it screwed it... -.-

Uninstalled and Reinstalled and really pissed off, i've definitely close my deal with steam and Steam Workshop... (If it can neither download and put a mod on a folder it definitely sucks... IMHO)

Anyway let's just not discuss about this, because i have been probably REALLY UNLUCKY with it, but for me i don't want to have anything to do with it anymore... (I've had a long list of misadventures with it)

So i'm here to ask:
Is there a similar mod, or a direct link download so i can MYSELF download it and install it myself?

Sorry for looking rude guys, i've just had enough with steam, you'll find in the next days i'm a really cool and nice guy when not raging against steam! XD

I red somewhere that i can modify an .xml file to increase the unit limit per tile... But i don't know where that line is... So if you can also tell me this i can also do it by myself.

Another question... Are all mods in the Steam workshop downloadable here or somewhere else? Because i also saw a cool mod (Building upgrade), but i'm not going to download it there, so do you know if it is possible to download it here or somewhere else?

Thanks for the answers in advance, and i hope you can help me. :)

P.s: I tried the search option but it looked confusing... Is there a "mod list" or "Top Mod List"? Or do i need to scroll all over the 792 mods to see them all?

Patches almost always make mods obsolete. You'll likely have to wait for the authors to update them. If it's the one I'm thinking of though, with Kael as one of the authors, you'll probably be waiting awhile since he has his hands full with the release of Fallen Enchantress over at Stardock.

Also, check the modding tutorial forum for .xml, lua and .ggxml.

Thank you for the answer, but i already saw that wiki, and i already managed to modify other XML files, the only thing i need is which xml file containt that value of the unit limit per tile...
Are you on a particular page i missed? If yes could you please link it to me? :)

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Got it, thanks!

Anyway for the other answer?
Is there any other site which let us download those mods by ourself and let us install them? Or steam workshops is the only place they can be downloaded?

Hello i am new in here and iwanna know how did you mod it please what is the lua that contain this

Hi, i'm new and i just registered here after lurking around for a lot of time, because i wanted to try some cool mod...

The first one i'm searching for is whatever that get ride of the 1 unit per tile limit...

I saw there is a famous mod called Legions...

I decided to give steam another chance after giving me a lot of trouble, and after downloading it, it firstly didn't recognize it in my game, and afterward it screwed it... -.-

Uninstalled and Reinstalled and really pissed off, i've definitely close my deal with steam and Steam Workshop... (If it can neither download and put a mod on a folder it definitely sucks... IMHO)

Anyway let's just not discuss about this, because i have been probably REALLY UNLUCKY with it, but for me i don't want to have anything to do with it anymore... (I've had a long list of misadventures with it)

So i'm here to ask:
Is there a similar mod, or a direct link download so i can MYSELF download it and install it myself?

Sorry for looking rude guys, i've just had enough with steam, you'll find in the next days i'm a really cool and nice guy when not raging against steam! XD

I red somewhere that i can modify an .xml file to increase the unit limit per tile... But i don't know where that line is... So if you can also tell me this i can also do it by myself.

Another question... Are all mods in the Steam workshop downloadable here or somewhere else? Because i also saw a cool mod (Building upgrade), but i'm not going to download it there, so do you know if it is possible to download it here or somewhere else?

Thanks for the answers in advance, and i hope you can help me. :)

P.s: I tried the search option but it looked confusing... Is there a "mod list" or "Top Mod List"? Or do i need to scroll all over the 792 mods to see them all?

You can't legally play Civ 5 without Steam, so I am not sure how you are able to delete Steam and still play Civ.

Hello i am new in here and iwanna know how did you mod it please what is the lua that contain this

please can you tell me what .lua file should i mod

is any body going to help me please

Honestly, I cannot tell what you are asking for. In any event, you are far more likely to find help with modding .lua files in the Creation & Customization forum than in General Discussions.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393

Top Bottom