Anyone tried Moracco?

Infantry#14

Emperor
Last game I played as Moracco at King difficulty. I started in the desert and beeline for Desert Folklore and Petra. The combo of DF + Petra + UI Kasbah was pretty awesome. Also other civs were sending a bunch of trade routes into my capital and I earned a lot of gold per turn. The game was won at Medieval Era because the AI couldnt catch up in techs.

I like Morocco. Not because they are OP, but because all of their units and abilities have decent synergy. You can compete with venice when it comes to Gold and they are a decent pick if you want to try for a diplomatic victory because you can buy up a whole slew of city states.

I'm playing my first game of them and loving it. You will have more money than anyone else in the very early stages of the game, particularly if you're on the coast. Plus a culture boost. And later on when that benefit declines, you get the Kasbah, which is awesome. I haven't got to the Industrial age yet, but the Berber cavalry looks great, going by the civilopedia; do their promotions upgrade?

I'm somewhat infatuated by them at the moment. They've become my new favourite.

I was playing them, but even thou havent much luck - deal with Khan, and then with Rome - the nation is cool. Khabesh is nice UI, which turns otherwise troublesome tiles into good one. And if you can grab desert folklore...

The AI seams to do with it mostly ok, but never impresive.

I'm with the OP. My game was won in the middle ages as well, nobody could keep up and it actually got quite boring for the rest of the game, as I was on epic.

My second BNW win was with them, and it was pretty nice. I got Petra, Desert Folklore and covered my deserts with Kasbahs as well; the money coming in was insane and I pretty much owned the WC from day 1. I was able to do some really insane stuff, like passing Standing Army tax despite having the second-largest military in the game, solely because the first-largest army had a terrible economy. Then, while they were broke and units were disbanding, I took over their entire empire (which also had the only other deserts on the map), and repealed SAT once they were gone.

I like Morocco a lot; one of those civs that isn't so tightly focused on one victory condition, and it lets you go where you want with it.

I wouldn't say that they are focused on one condition(you can go with anything other than domination and make it out alright), but I do think they are weighted towards diplomacy with the insane amounts of bank you have on hand at any given time.

Desert start + food plains + oasis + desert folklore + Petra + kasbahs = powerhouse.

I want to like Morocco, I really do. The problem with them is that if you don't start in the desert you lose 2/3 of your uniques, and the desert start bias has been frustratingly absent for me (more like start NEXT to desert, which means the capital gets a riverless plain). I'd rather play a civ that isn't entirely defined by its geography.

I want to like Morocco, I really do. The problem with them is that if you don't start in the desert you lose 2/3 of your uniques, and the desert start bias has been frustratingly absent for me (more like start NEXT to desert, which means the capital gets a riverless plain). I'd rather play a civ that isn't entirely defined by its geography.

I've found the same thing with Morrocan starts. They are usually quite terribad if you want to take advantage of the desert, and end up on plains/jungle.

English isn't my native language however I can spell Morocco correctly. Another teen slob writing ''as it sounds'', like emporor instead of emperor...yuck

Moderator Action: Please do not flame other members, this is personal and not on topic.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

English isn't my native language however I can spell Morocco correctly. Another teen slob writing ''as it sounds'', like emporor instead of emperor...yuck

Championing this kind of stringent adherence to convention would be admirable were the subject in question one where accuracy meant a single damn. Unfortunately for you we're talking communication here. Everyone understood what he meant, objective met. I'm curious what you hoped to accomplish here, was it to highlight your complete disregard for the fluidity of language? Or are you simply ******ed?

As a proper noun I'll grant you a little credit so far as respect for the entity is concerned, but calling OP "another teen slob" over the matter? You're utterly disgraceful.

Moderator Action: This is also flaming. Please report offensive posts and let the staff handle the situation.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Morocco was the first civ I played with in BNW because i wanted to explore the new trade route mechanic in full detail. I was quite pleased with them and as basically everyone else here I went with the standard Desert Folklore/Petra powerhouse route and was pretty much unstoppable by mid-game.

I've rerolled time and time again with Morocco until I get a desert start... in my experience you tend to get full desert (flood plains et al) about 1 in 5 times, the rest of the time you get a couple of desert tiles or none at all.

Sometimes I think start biases are deliberately weighted against a Civ's UBs or UAs to stop them getting OP. I did the same thing with Poland, trying to start amid a whole mess of sheep, horses or cattle just so I could build up a monster capital. Honestly rerolled about 20 times, never had more than 3 and even then very rarely, usually 1 or none. Then I started a game with England, on an island map no less, and guess what? 5 damn sheep within 3 tiles of my capital.

Just want to note this isn't how I play normally, I usually roll with what I'm dealt but on this occasion I just wanted to see what a super-pasturefied Warsaw would be like. Turns out it's not even possible. Anyone else got any evidence for this or am I just being cray cray?

^huh that's a bit unlucky it seems. almost as if you had Start Bias' disabled. do start bias' have a higher chance of failing in BNW?

No. Expand into the desert, you dont need to start in the desert.

My current game is Morocco on emperor. It's a tough few 100 or so turns, but once you build petra and get desert folklore and put Kasbahs all around your city it turns into an absolute monster. I can churn out world wonders in very few turns, at this point it's like playing on warlord because I can get every wonder I want.

Top Bottom