Hardest civilization to play as (and hardest victory condition to get)

Denmark requires water and an aggressive strategy, but they are not bad, just situational. Iron is easy to find now with the move to bronze working IMO. Play like a viking...start some trouble and just go pillage all the AI's improvements. With the abillity to heal during pillaging, berserkers and their upgrades have great survivability. You can destroy the other civs economy this way pretty easily.

Faster measured in turns or in actual time? I can finish a 300 turn science game in one night after work but it would take me three days to finish a 250 turn domination game.

True that. I was talking turns, not time.

For me Sweden is obviously the worst civilization in this game. Their bonus is stupid and benefits the opponent, it's good to say that friendships don't last forever and your best friend can be in the next turn your enemy. Playing with Sweden in Deity without many resources it's always difficult when in comparison with another civilizations, it's a challenge for every player.

Oh look, another person who doesn't understand how to play Sweden. I should be keeping a count of this. :crazyeye:

The DoF bonus isn't the important part of Nobel Prize, it's the 90 influence you get for gifting the GP's to city states. You want to go for domination with Sweden; pick up Warrior Code and Messiah if you can get it. What you want to do is burn through the rest of the world, gifting your excess Great Generals to ally up all the city-states. Since you're apparently a Deity player you can expect the AI's to have plenty of Prophets for you to capture and give away as well. The Carolean is one of the best melee units in the game too, inferior only to the Impi and MAYBE the Janissary. Building a Hakk basically turns your Great Generals into Khans so those are great too. I really don't see any reason to turtle up and try to be buddies with everyone as Sweden.

The worst civ in the game is probably Japan. Bushido is not as advertised and the Samurai, while good, is severely outclassed by most of its contemporaries (especially the Janissaries and Minutemen that come in the tech immediately following it). At least Denmark gets free pillaging.

Top Bottom