Crazy ideas for future versions

Chibiabos

Prince
Just some crazy ideas I thought I'd throw at Dale for "future versions." I'm sure everyone has some.

Orient - a new off-map trading region, sort of like Europe, geographically inversed from Europe so that it is shorter to travel there via the Pacific and longer via the Atlantic. They could be a source for unique "Trade Goods" ... maybe if this is implemented, the European "Trade Goods" could be named "Old World Trade Goods," there could be a new "New World Trade Goods" you can produce in the new world and a third "Oriental Trade Goods" you can only buy from the Orient. They should probably have more moderate pricing than Europe and the tribes for both buying and selling, maybe with their own tax rate that remains constant. An accomplishment in the game might be a "Gateway To The Orient" city if you do enough trading with the Orient that might unlock labor and/or slave immigration.

Political Points vs. Renown - Replace the "political points" with "renown" as an index for attracting FFs, keep "political points" as a meter for colonial governance. Give "Renown Points" for things like being the first to discover things (first to meet all tribes, discover the Pacific, etc.) Political points could maybe work toward new things like trading with European powers other than your motherland and/or getting a "rival" Kingdom to war with your mother kingdom when you declare independence, tying up their REF or at least getting help from the allied kingdom's REF to help you in your fight for independence.

Resources - Yeah there are a lot of resources that could make the game even more complicated (tea, cocoa beans, coffee for starters ...) so its a bit irritating to consider adding more, but there are some I'd like to see:

- New food category: "Game"
Food that is hunted instead of farmed or fished (so you'd have an "Expert Hunter" specialty from Native settlements to really use it). "Deer" is an existing resource that would fit, but I also suggest adding maybe Bison and Fowl (ducks, geese, turkeys, etc.)

New Founding Fathers:
Davy Crockett - Granted, he's a bit late for the Revolution, but I think he'd be a good addition to the game as a renowned Frontiersman. Maybe he could give either a +25% bonus to Lumbermill Production (so for every 4 lumber, you get 5 production) or a small bonus to all raw resource gathering (maybe 10% or +1/square to food, lumber, ore, minerals, fur, cotton, silver, sugar).

New World Projects - maybe call these "New World Legends":
- "Legend of Paul Bunyan" - I think there should be rewards for the daring, courageous player who doesn't shy away from liberty bell production, and if you produce enough liberty bells (or maybe just build enough newspapers), you should be able to unlock the mythical Legend of Paul Bunyan as a buildable project that could maybe give a 50% bonus to both liberty bell production and lumber harvesting (either lumber harvested per square or production points per lumber).
- "Legend of El Dorado" - If you acquire a certain number of exploration points or do a lot of dealings with , you could build this that might reduce the "cross cost" (either reducing how many crosses, or reducing/slowing growth of immigrant-hurrying increases) of attracting immigrants
- Gold Rush - generates ten gold per unit of silver harvested in a settlement, maybe buildable after acquiring a certain amount of economic points.

Just some whacky ideas!

Top Bottom