Changes for v1.08

Maybe it's just me, but the achievement pop-ups are still just a solid pink picture. Are there supposed to pictures allocated to each of these, or is it correct the way it is?

I'm just working that out now, but 1.07 is dead in the water if you update.

Shame that Firaxis took so long to release the patch, I hope integrating it into 1.08 doesn't cause too much grief... If you need some help with testing I've got some time later this month.

Changelog updated. :)

One bug to resolve then upload time!

Hey Dale - did you think about adding a Cancel button when you put a free colonist in the school to avoid paying the fees if you changed your mind ?

By the way, I use the French set up for Colonization ans adding the MOD makes a weird combination of English and French. If you wanted I could translate the text from English to French - if you'd be willing to make the extra step...

Thanks for all your efforts !;)

Hey Dale - did you think about adding a Cancel button when you put a free colonist in the school to avoid paying the fees if you changed your mind ?

By the way, I use the French set up for Colonization ans adding the MOD makes a weird combination of English and French. If you wanted I could translate the text from English to French - if you'd be willing to make the extra step...

Thanks for all your efforts !;)

Instead of examine city, you can cancel placement. Also, governor no longer auto-places colonists in schools.

Ooh ! I'm sorry that Examine city line escaped me...

My translation proposition still hold ;)

I like most of the changes made to AODII. However, I find it very ahistorical to find Chinese and Russians landing in California in 1492. So I edited the aiplayable and baiplayable to 0 values and eliminated unwanted countries. Unfortunately the starting locations reverted to within 3 of the east map edge. Also I now had 2 English and 2 French players.

1) Is there any way to reduce the civilizations to something a bit more historical and not have the start locations be way out of adjustment?
2) Do you plan to overhaul the Western Hemisphere (patchmod) scenario?

I like most of the changes made to AODII. However, I find it very ahistorical to find Chinese and Russians landing in California in 1492. So I edited the aiplayable and baiplayable to 0 values and eliminated unwanted countries. Unfortunately the starting locations reverted to within 3 of the east map edge. Also I now had 2 English and 2 French players.

1) Is there any way to reduce the civilizations to something a bit more historical and not have the start locations be way out of adjustment?
2) Do you plan to overhaul the Western Hemisphere (patchmod) scenario?

If you use Custom Game you can choose what Civs are in the game. You can choose all bar the ones you don't want. :)

Ooh ! I'm sorry that Examine city line escaped me...

My translation proposition still hold ;)

Can I take you up on the offer in an update or two's time? :)

Yeah ! Whatever works for you.:)

After playing a bit with the game yesterday, I have to say that it really is more stable. 1.07 used to crash every half hour - now I played 2 hours and it didn't !

Funny, I very rarely have had problems with the game crashing, something like once per 10 hours of gaming or so, and have noticed no change in 1.08... other than it hasn't crashed yet in 3 hours of play.

So far, the gameplay doesn't seem to have changed at all, except perhaps that the AI colonial nations seem to be getting developed faster, and getting troops into the field faster. I attacked the English on turn 21 with a scout, razed a city, and on turn 22 I saw an English dragoon in the woods next to my poor scout, my poor *innocent* scout! I've never seen the AI field a dragoon that fast before. It remains to be seen whether the AI nations will pose a significant threat, but they seem to be doing better than in previous incarnations of the mod, and waaaay better than in the vanilla game.

I've had an untrained settler working as a carpenter since somewhere around turn 15, I'm eager to see if he'll get transformed into an expert soon. Or have I misunderstood, and that only works for farming professions? I've been careful not to move him to other jobs, so maybe it'll be a good test.

All my colonists seem stuck as 0% tories, even the ones born in the New World, but I'm hoping that will change once I get some elder statesmen working their stuff.

So far, so good! All glory to Dale for this excellent mod.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

PS: Is there some way to keep the game from making a CD check? I've been playing lately on a laptop with no CD drive, and it's a pain to have to hook up my external drive just to pass the CD check.

I can not get the Columbus Dream or Colonisation I maps to show up. I tried tham in your default folder and the public maps folder and still cant get them to show up. However I can view them with MapView. Any ideas?

*spelling edit

Sorry for the second post just wanted to add the Columbus and Colinisation maps can be started by dbl click outside the game and work just fine. They just do not show up in anywhere in the game.

Edit the map file with notepad and replace the path from:
"\Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII"

to:
"\Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII_1.08".

Alternatively, you can edit the mod directory and rename it to:
"\Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII"

HTH

I'm not sure I understand how education works now. With a school, even though I had a master carpenter in the colony, it only allowed me to educate a colonist as a fisherman or a farmer. It asked who I wanted him to be (before education began) but then offered two more possiblities at the end - expert lumberjack and expert ore minor. Still didn't offer master carpenter though.

It works like good old colonization. A carpenter requires a level 2 education building, which is a college.

Bear in mind veteran soldiers can now be trained as well.

Top Bottom