Team Mavericks Intra-Team TEST Pitboss

You can definitely change your settings so that the computer does not auto-sleep. Check your Control Panel -> Hardware -> Energy alternatives (or some such, I'm translating from my Swedish Vista).

... and in other news - success! I've managed to connect to the game now! :)

Btw, I don't see the point of using a Game Password, it's just one extra thing to remember to write. Having the passwords on the nations will do just fine.

You can definitely change your settings so that the computer does not auto-sleep. Check your Control Panel -> Hardware -> Energy alternatives (or some such, I'm translating from my Swedish Vista).

... and in other news - success! I've managed to connect to the game now! :)

Btw, I don't see the point of using a Game Password, it's just one extra thing to remember to write. Having the passwords on the nations will do just fine.

The real intra-team game will not have a password. (I put this by mistake)

I've now set my energy alternatives setting to never sleep.

Glad you could connect! :)

To everyone else - please follow the instructions of getting hamachi then connecting to my network (see page 1 of this thread)! Hopefully you all can connect!

*I had a brief internet outage from 8:30 to 8:45 so the game was offline - it's back up. I suggest Niklas and others try to connect again.

okay I've connected to the hamachi thing and can see Daniel-PC and Niklas-Laptop....I'm testing the game now.

EDIT: As DMOC already knows now I got on fine...now all that's left to do is resolve the automatic ending of turns...;)

WOOHOOO! It totally worked! :goodjob:. Freaked out a bit when my units wouldn't move but that seems to be standard. Looking forward to getting the real one up and going. Another benefit of having Hamachi is now we can chat with teammates if we're both online!

...It's a pity this isn't the real thing...two clams, coastal start (which for FIN I think is pretty good) wet rice and a grassland pigs....karma dictates my REAL start will be tundra....:(

I'm away and won't be able to test it till tomorrow around 3pm

Throughout my 10 years with experiencing internet (ages 7 to 17?), only one person has actually figured out what my acronym stood for. :lol: And it's on a different forum.

EDIT:

Those who have connected:

1. DMOC
2. Niklas
3. Chimera
4. bobby
5. Obsolete
6. javidbing (post below)
7. babybluepants (2 posts below)

Still need 8 more people to try and connect.

I managed to log on, then it closed very quickly and went back to menu. Does that matter?

Yes. You should be able to stay in the game.

Try logging in again.

javidbing - we're going to be ready as soon as everyone connects. So if there's anyone in this game who hasn't joined hamachi, then my network, then logged in, please tell them!

Bold means that you're connected. Once the nonbolded people connect, then we can start the actual game.

1. DMOC - Huayna Capac
2. Babybluepants/Sweetacshon - Darius I
3. Chimera1804 - Hannibal
4. Uncle Cheesedog -Suleiman
5. bobbyboy29 - Hammurabi
6. obsolete - Zara Yaqob
7. NukeAJS - Churchill
8. ahmedhadzi - Frederick
9. javidbing - Augustus Caesar
10. Niklas - Justinian I
11. Aline - Joao II
12. v8_mark - Kublai Khan