Turn Discussion Thread II - Turns 51-100

I have moved the boats for the next turn, that's definitely Carthage down south. Still haven't met anyone else.

Due to barb issues, I have to keep both our warriors unloaded together, or we risk losing them.

Anyhow, before I do my turn, I have some more number crunching to do later to try and eek out every single hammer I can for maximum payload. I may grow our capital up for 2 more turns, but I'm not 100% sure yet if our unhappy wears down 1 in that time. Too tired right now.

We should send our Warriors straight East, in hopes of contacting a civ on the other side of the continent.

Our WB is heading east at the moment. Though I expect Hannibal to break his peace term and DoW on us to kill our WB right about now. If they don't, then they are making a huge mistake. It's possible they have DoWed other civs to stop their WB's from getting to us, but I don't think so, since I haven't seen the DoW glitch show up yet.

Turn #62, I thought you all would like to know, that Cyrus has just completed his great wall in the capital. Interesting... either very smart or very dumb. I can see use for it due to the G-Spy which is probably what they felt all those hammers were useful for. I must admit, that wonder was sure built a lot quicker than I thought it would be.

I'm curious to know now if they perhaps had tried for the Oracle too earlier :p

Turn 62 --> 1520 BC
  • Workers 1 & 2 finish road over new Rice
  • Worker 3 starts roading a rice near capital (why not?)
  • Capital continues to work on forge to grow
  • Galley unloads 2 warriors together

Special Note: Cyrus completes TGW this turn

We now have vision to Carthage's tech. He's doing Calendar and will have it in 4 turns. I wonder if they are possibly debating on building the wonder too. I guess not.

Or, maybe they are, and wanting to save their priest for a GA, so they don't get anarchy when switching into Slavery, haha!

Turn 63 --> 1480 BC
  • Workers 1&2 complete road over last (future) gem tile
  • Worker #3 completes road over rice near capital
  • Warriors move East + Galley
  • Science dropped down to 30% to save cash
  • Full spy points vs Cyrus now
Note: I believe DMOC was right in that we should have mined the plains hill instead of gassland. Seems we may lose hammers. I"ll try to correct this next turn, depending what AH brings in.

I mentioned many turns ago when Cyrus first joined in cahoots with Carthage, that they were hitting us with full espionage.

Since they're not philo, it will still take them 50 turns for the spy, unless they put up a library to speed things up.

Turn 64 --> 1440 BC

• All workers move to plains hill near cap. to mine.
  • GE-Farm whips temple
  • Capital switches to Settler
  • All tech spending = off

Despite the trade screen shows Carthage with only 1 city (really 2), looking at the culture borders shows 3 cities at least. I don't understand why the GUI often lies here.

I logged in the game to check.

Obsolete, the culture can definitely be composed of 2 cities. Culture can't extend for more than 2 tiles over water, which sometimes results in irregular cultural patterns. My guess is that the capital is to the east and the second city is to the west with its first border pop.

I didn't do anything this turn and I put our GE city on a wonder so obsolete will need to change it.

What's funny about the research is that we can see QUATRONIA researching CALENDAR in 2 turns, when they specifically said to us SEVEN days ago that they would be getting Metal Casting soon!

Lol

Turn 65 --> 1400 BC

• Workers 1 & 2 finish mine on plains hill
  • Worker #3 loads into galley
  • GE-Farm switches to Granary & runs extra priest

I like the city placement suggestion. Gets us a strat resource and quickly accessible food before border pop, not to mention the hammers from horse on a hill. Forests should provide us with fast production for granary + forge (+ barracks?) to start producing some mainland military might!

Damnit I hate how this god damn forum always loses posts. Anyway, I will pre-chop forests and when mids is up we switch to police state (I believe it still gives bonus to all work-boats). I'll chop 2 work boats out, and a chariot. Then we'll see where we go from there.

Think we need a third scout boat asap.

When we switch to Police State, we should run a large bluff... like telling Cyrus "We have a small stack of triremes and other auxiliaries soon headed up near your way. Please do not be alarmed, for we mean you no harm."

This is what they will get if they don't stop hitting us with spy points.

I agree with the overall plan, but I think we should exclude Q from any future deals, and try to work with Amazons only. Try to have them turn their back on Q somehow. But attack at Q should be done with no warning, maybe one turn heads up, max!

If we try to deal with only Cyrus, he'll probably double-deal behind us anyway and sell to Carthage.

I wonder if it is feasable to bulb Astronomy this game... Anyway, we can abuse police-state & Nationhood, etc. when the time comes. If we can bulb to Astronomy, then do a mass upgrade of galleys, while drafting a bunch of maces... we have a shot at taking their capital, and hopefully other cities. (if they are not too observant).

We'll have to make up a ruse we are planning a war vs another party, and then we'll have to MAKE IT LOOK GOOD, by loading transports into that direction since Cyrus will see in our cities by then and give Carthage a play-by-play on our where-abouts.

Then we swing wide-circle downwards... and only blow the horn when we are landing on the shores.

The plan is looking good so far, I especially like the Police state idea. They'll be thinking "They got the mids and they aren't in rep?" That should really flip them out. I also would like it if they asked us why we switched to police state. Our response :"Only to get our work boats out quicker :rolleyes:" :lol:. The city spot looks nice except that it isn't on a hill, do you think that might be a problem? Cities on the new landmass may be harder to defend so hills may be necessary...

Top Bottom