Cyrus/AMAZON Diplomacy

Hmm, I see they've hit end-turn already. Leads me to believe they have no further interest in any trades now that they got Mono from someone else.

I'm not sure who are their diplomats, but give em a shout to see what the hell is going on.

I bet you they did some dealings behind our back so to speak, and Hannibal will be the next to get Mono (from Cyrus). Lets see....

I'd rate this team as middle of the road, couple of good players. Depends if TMIT hangs around or not, he's not so great at the pitboss mutliplayer game (imo of course) Silent Con and Sommersword will ensure they have a decent empire i suspect; as they are experienced players.

I would suspect that they will attack us in the not so distance future, I can imagine certian players will encourage a backstab after being nicey, nicey up front.

Personally I want nothing to do with them, it's outrageous that Memphus has been allowed to join their team.

If we get backstabbed, then I'm going to make sure it hurts them. But I must say, I'm getting quite annoyed at how we did Carthage a favour when they asked as soon as they could for OB, and then we just keep getting ignored here. I have sent them private pvm more than once so I am sure they are aware of the deals, and yet... they just ignore us.

Well, looks like we have no choice for now but to self re-search all this other stuff. So that's even more delays while it seems tech-trade galore is going off with everyone else. I will say this... I wouldn't DARE want to leave anything exposed to the both of them.

I also asked Cyrus in pvm where their workboat came from, of course this is not answered. Hmm... quite convenient.

As for Memphus though, name is familiar. Was he the one cheating in the last pitboss?

We seem to be in diplomatic quarantine, I would imagine that a good opening line for all other teams is let gang up on Obs and Snaaty - look what the've achieved already.

Do we have a plan B? If we end up alone facing the world?

I'd not call anyone a cheat without proof, but Memphus left the game under a cloud. I have no doubt he was in the know about what happened if not solely resonspible.

Well even if by a miracle he wasn't cheating, he surely had the worst sportsmanship that game also, and that was even WITHOUT the cheating. Just what you expect from a CHEATER! :p

As long as he is not at the reigns again, then I won't worry TOO MUCH about it. I do hope they didn't make the same mistake again and not turn on RNG dice. I think Civfanatics was just asking for someone to exploit that though. That's the first thing in any game that should have been modified.

Since it seems we are being conspired against, maybe it's time we play some poker. Let's play DUMB to it, and instead leak a few things to Cyrus that makes them question things about their CO-SPIRATOR.

E.g. if we get a tech from a third party, let's let Cyrus thinks we got it from Hannibal (for some future agreement, etc). Then let Cyrus wonder if he is in fact getting co-conspirated against by his own conspirator, etc.

we are in a bad position right now (which was to be expected with our start), cause we dont know enough neighbours. as soon as we sail out and meet some more, we can overcome any tech deficit, thanks to techtrading on, so no worries here... ...but we really need to send our scouts out the direct line

whats there on the island next to us we will see soon enough

I know Silent Confusion who is the diplomat for Amazon, we were talking on another matter when this game came up. Am i allowed / does any one have an objection if I have a little chat with him - promise to post full details of whats said.

I don't want to step on any toes, but we could do with knowing their thoughts and how they see things panning out.

I know Silent Confusion who is the diplomat for Amazon, we were talking on another matter when this game came up. Am i allowed / does any one have an objection if I have a little chat with him - promise to post full details of whats said.

I don't want to step on any toes, but we could do with knowing their thoughts and how they see things panning out.

I'd say go for it. At this point, any dialog is good dialog. Just let us know what you talk about.

We are already being conspired against, so I don't think how you can make things worse. Go for it... touch out to someone.

"Go to the ah Tattaglia's, uh, and ah, make them think that ah you're --

you're not too happy with our family and -- and ah find out what you can. "

"Go to the ah Tattaglia's, uh, and ah, make them think that ah you're --

you're not too happy with our family and -- and ah find out what you can. "
That didn't end well for Luca. ;)

Edit: go for it, KM.
These are the two weakest seeming teams to me. We need to meet the others asap, before fully evaluating the diplo situation.

Managed a brief chat with Silent Con. Got cut short as I had to go out.

Sirus are north of us, with Amazons north of Sirus. They seem very touchy and also to read alot into our diplo messages. I belive that they think we are aloof and going it alone, they probably have been talking to the Q and have made some bad assumptions.

We need to put more into our diplo if we want to make friends and not get f'd over and left badly behind in tech at the first oppertunity, at a guess Sirus, Q and Amazons are allied or at least trading.

Spoiler :

(8:53:13 PM) Morgan: Afternoon Silent
(8:53:35 PM) Silent: Hi
(8:54:06 PM) Morgan: got time to chat about the MTDG2?
(8:54:26 PM) Silent: What you want to talk about?
(8:55:11 PM) Silent: I says you appear to be offline. Is this normal?
(8:55:25 PM) Morgan: got invisible mode on
(8:56:04 PM) Silent: Oooh. Spiffy.
(8:56:13 PM) Morgan: question 1, would be is your interesting in cooperating where it's mutally benefical?
(8:56:26 PM) Morgan: *your team
(8:58:00 PM) Silent: We are keeping our options open at the moment. There is discussion on our team about this. Some were a little underwhelmed by the trade that was proposed.
(8:58:40 PM) Silent: So some of them are worried this speaks for what will happen in the future between us.
(9:01:23 PM) Morgan: Sorry checking what trade it was, personally i'd agree that trade was a little light on our side, but we have bigger techs, that would need beaker balancing, hence i think we offered that trade. I can assure you that we are prepared to offer beaker for beaker in all trades
(9:01:56 PM) Morgan: may i ask whta teams you have met so far?
(9:03:21 PM) Morgan: we have met the Q conti and yourselfs
(9:04:45 PM) Silent: Our Work Boat traveled past team Sirius and also met Quatronia's work boat before reaching you.
(9:05:52 PM) Silent: Is there a reason your team did not answer our question about which resources you have been gifted? The avoiding the question also raised a few flags.
(9:06:07 PM) Silent: I mean which resources you have?
(9:08:58 PM) Morgan: We have dyes,rice and gems. It seems that was overlooked in our response, please accept my apoliogies.
(9:09:36 PM) Silent: I will convey them to the team.
(9:11:09 PM) Morgan: Am I corrct in assuming you trade Alpha to the Q?
(9:12:45 PM) Morgan: going back to the trading, what techs would you be interesting in trading?
(9:13:35 PM) Silent: This I cannot answer as it requires a team decision. But we will listen to any reasonable offers.
(9:14:13 PM) Silent: Why did you guys want to grab a second religion?
(9:17:43 PM) Morgan: We were heading to Theo, but it seems events have overtaken us.
(9:18:26 PM) Silent: What kind of events?
(9:18:37 PM) Silent: Barb troubles?
(9:19:17 PM) Morgan: do you have barb issues on your home island?
(9:20:04 PM) Morgan: sorry got run, back in 30mins.
(9:20:24 PM) Silent: Ok. We can talk some more if I'm still on.

We really need to patch up relations with both civ's we know.
Just talk nice to them and give them info they think is valuable.
We might even want to go for a trade in their favor to get things going.
Can't do this on our own....

There is NOTHING to patch up!!

There is NOTHING to patch up!!

Maybe thats the point ;)

If your not in an allience and tech trading is on then your pretty much screwed, by the time you meet the other unlucky unallied team on the other side of the world your stuck between 2 trading blocks. Billy no mates very quickly becomes the subject of dog pile.

Maybe thats the point ;)

If your not in an allience and tech trading is on then your pretty much screwed, by the time you meet the other unlucky unallied team on the other side of the world your stuck between 2 trading blocks. Billy no mates very quickly becomes the subject of dog pile.

:goodjob:

a demogame is won or lost via the diplomacy. if we manage to pull out of this hole, we need our diplomats for doing so.

-> diplomats, go out and do something...

on the other side, beeing the one dogpiled by 2 neighbours also can be fun, burn down everything for your last stand and try to do as much damage as you can to ONE neighbour:)

Meeting Sirius is #1 priority, I don't think that is much point havin a huge panic until we do. Not to say we should communicate and drink the kool aid, but we get better returns on tech trading and will be able to build better alliences with Sirius in the picture.

Top Bottom