[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Arlborn said:
Hey Kael, 1 question, not all leaders of civilizations can be builded or used as units? BecauseI played 2 games already with your mod and I saw some AI with the unit of their leader(at least I guess -.-) and I couldent "use" my leader, is that true? Or did I say any bullsht or Im just a noob? :p

You are correct. There are a few civs that haven't been enabled for human play yet, though the AI has access to them so you will occasionaly see them showing up in games.

Broken Hawk said:
No one answered this question yesterday but I would appreciate it if someone could have a look and reply. Thanks.

My Orc Spearman units are invisible except for the spears. Do I have a problem or is the unit still in development. I noticed it before in roaming barbarians but never thought too much about it until I started my current game as the Clan of the Embers.

I have also seen a similar thing with the Lizardman units.

Odd, they all show up correctly for me. Are you one of those folks that needs the white flag fix? There is definitly a video driver issue that is causing some people to see some weirdness on some units.

My flags show up correctly. Should I apply the fix anyway? Where do I get it? Maybe I need to update my video driver.

Broken Hawk said:
My flags show up correctly. Should I apply the fix anyway? Where do I get it? Maybe I need to update my video driver.

If your flags are fine dont apply the fix. Yeah definitly try to update your video drivers and let me know if that helps.

What's a settlement opposed to a city?

Ranbir said:
What's a settlement opposed to a city?

The Kuriotates can only have a few real cities (3, modified a bit by the map size). Those cities are huge monster cities that can work an extra plot ring. All the rest of their cities are settlements. Settlements cant produce units and can only produce a very limited amount of buildings.

I see, thanks. It'd be cool to eventually have all these extra FFH concepts in the pedia. :)

My first time as Kuriotates, very interesting it be!

Hello, I'm back from holidays with more soundsets. This time I made soundsets for heroines, which come in three versions: A calm/"good" one, a dark one, and a "pure evil" one. In addition I made a few sounds for the craw/hawk.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/54887/1156521363.zip

I didn't have the patience to check all feedback, did we got something interesting about the orc sounds?

Kael, I intend to make soundsets for elves, demons, and angels as well, and probably some new sound effects for spells. I can also help improving the combat sounds for some "exotic" units. But I think it's time to PM me to give me a complete list of what other soundsets are needed.

Yorgos said:
Hello, I'm back from holidays with more soundsets. This time I made soundsets for heroines, which come in three versions: A calm/"good" one, a dark one, and a "pure evil" one. In addition I made a few sounds for the craw/hawk.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/54887/1156521363.zip

I didn't have the patience to check all feedback, did we got something interesting about the orc sounds?

Kael, I intend to make soundsets for elves, demons, and angels as well, and probably some new sound effects for spells. I can also help improving the combat sounds for some "exotic" units. But I think it's time to PM me to give me a complete list of what other soundsets are needed.

Yeap, all of the feedback was very positive. I will put together a priority list from my perspective and send it over to you.

Not sure if it's been suggested but it'd be really cool if this could have something from Dale's combat mod.

The specific thing is the option to not move into the square of the unit you just killed. This can be really helpful when counterattacking from out of cities, or attacking enemy units that are able to simply walk past your forts(because of no ZoC)

It'll also be less frustrating when I kill a unit and not have to find 5 more units adjacent to me while my unit is injured and has no moves left to fall back!

Edit: Didn't like the kuro, I've gone back to the Elohim!

Suddenly, for the first time, I have a series of symbols across the bottom of the screen, just above the action buttons. Four with various formation dots, red and green health symbols, etc. What are these? Should I have seen them before now?

>>>The specific thing is the option to not move into the square of the unit you just killed.<<<

How does it work? Do you make the choice before attacking or after you've won?

Uberslacker said:
>>>The specific thing is the option to not move into the square of the unit you just killed.<<<

How does it work? Do you make the choice before attacking or after you've won?

To be honest I don't know. I've stopped using it until it is more stable.

Since I see settlements brought up again, I have a suggestion. It seems like you have choice window pop-ups down, perhaps you could expand the building list in a asettlement. It seems to me that they are jsut too limited. And even settlement tended to be more than just a walled outpost. Perhaps you could give them options to build only one "class" of building per settlement...
Such as, give any given settlement the choice to build a Granery OR a Smoke House... a Training Yard, OR an Archery Range, Or a Stable, and so on for military buildings. Inns and Taverns were not uncommon in settlements as stop overs between cities... maybe allow building Inns if a settlement reaches a certain Population... I don't know how easy, or practical all or any of these sorts of things would be, but it would add SOME usefulness to Settlements besides cultural/border expansion, and give them a little more flavor being able to super-specialize on a limited scale.

Just my thoughts on it.

Cheers!

Oddity: It appears I cannot move an elven hunter with his hawk into a galley. (Nothing else was in it yet.) However, it is not a prohibition against animals because a moment later I loaded a bear in.

I notice that the AI does not seem to value mana enough in trade. I can substitute clams for nature mana in an offered deal, and Flauros is willing to accept.

Clearly the vamps have been to a high class of seafood restaurant that you have not even dreamed about. :)

Top Bottom