Max Map Shape and Size

I_batman

Emperor
Hello...been a long time since I have posted.

I have been playing Civ V for a bit now, and have been kicking around the idea of a present day conflict based scenario based around the South China Sea.

I asked quite some time ago about the max size of a Civ V map, and it seems something around 160 x 112 is maxed. The primary question I have is can the map editor (or some kind of mapping utility) flip the horizontal and vertical maximums?

A naval based scenario I envision would be much better served with a map 160 hexes "north-south" and 112 hexes "east-west".

Thanks.

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

This is easy if you have civ 4... make a map and open it in civ 5 worldbuilder.

You will have to alter one of the civ 4 map sizes in xml to your map dimensions.

What happens if I don't have Civ IV?
Is there a way to create a map with the dimensions I described, just with Civ 5?

thanks

Put the attached in the MAPS sub-directory (rename it to remove the .txt extension), start Civ, select Tall as the map, size doesn't matter it's always 112 x 160, start a game, save the map, close Civ, open WB, open the saved map.

Attachments

• Tall.lua.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 74
Take any map script you like and add

Code:
function GetMapInitData(worldSize)
	return {
		Width = 112,
		Height = 160,
		WrapX = false,
	};      
end

somewhere near the top

Thanks, but I wasn't referring to map size (sorry for not being clear enough), but to pangea/no islands/no water concept. With this script I get a way too huge map, with some tiny islands + a lot of water around./

Just build it the way you want by using the worldbuilder interface.

Top Bottom