Unit Request Thread

What kind of attack animations would it use?

I should really get around to making a "killer robots" thread, since I've got a few robotic models I've converted over the past few months. I've got a Terminator model rigged to the XCom animations, and a robotic conversion of the "clone worker" model from Civ IV that I've currently got rigged as a Worker that could potentially work.

The Doombot would shoot lightning from it's gauntlets.

The Doombot would shoot lightning from it's gauntlets.
Civitar once told me that while we can't add new effects to the game, we can use any effects from anywhere in the game for anything. In other words, we can't make a unit shoot lightning unless you know of at least one other place in the game where lightning shows up.

French Old Guard
French Imperial Infantry - Young Guard.
French Napoleonic Infantry

Selecuid Silver Shield Pikeman
Parthian Golden Cataphracts.

French Old Guard
French Imperial Infantry - Young Guard.
French Napoleonic Infantry

Selecuid Silver Shield Pikeman
Parthian Golden Cataphracts.
Have you got any pictures or links to existing models for what you have in mind?

Downloaded them but their models are not appearing, seem to be all vanilla. Its a bit confusing adding these new units in.
These models aren't mods, they're art resources for modders. Assuming you know that and are trying to create a mod, open a new thread in the main C&C subforum and post a zipped copy of your mod from your mods folder (not the ModBuddy project). One of us can help figure out what you're doing wrong...

Request for the Shawnee:

If I could please get this unit:

From this civ 4 unit pack:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14126

If possible, I would appreciate some minor recoloring - if the white spots could be recolored to a charcoal black, and the gun barrel have red highlights instead of white?

Thank you!

I apologize in advance for the bad english...

Hulfgar, Civitar, thank you very much for the excellent units. If possible, I would like to ask you, would you like to create the modern mobile SAM units, for example, the S-300 / S-400 or MIM-104 Patriot from civ4, and ZSU-23-4 "Shilka"? I would like to ask to create the brig and the other ships of the Renaissance or Medieval Era. I would like to use them in your mod. I am sure others will appreciate.

Thank you!

Can anybody please make a horse artillery model for my James K Polk civ? All I want is a horse and cannon together in the same model. The horse doesn't need to be pulling the cannon, there doesn't need to be any movement or attack animations, it doesn't even have to look good, it just has to have a horse and a cannon. You could probably do it by getting the Cavalry model, taking out a horse or two and replacing them with the Field Gun from the Enlightenment Era mod. If you could do that I would be so grateful :)

Can anybody please make a horse artillery model for my James K Polk civ? All I want is a horse and cannon together in the same model. The horse doesn't need to be pulling the cannon, there doesn't need to be any movement or attack animations, it doesn't even have to look good, it just has to have a horse and a cannon. You could probably do it by getting the Cavalry model, taking out a horse or two and replacing them with the Field Gun from the Enlightenment Era mod. If you could do that I would be so grateful :)
Have you checked out whether or not there's a similar civ 4 unit? It's probably easier to get someone to convert a model than making one from scratch..

Yeah I have. The only horse artillery model I could find was this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22212, which doesn't look like right at all for a mid 1800s Horse Artillery unit. That why I suggested just putting a Cavalry model and a Cannon/Field Gun model next to each other because I assume that's easy to do, but I could be completely wrong.

Although you don't need animations,this kind of model may be impossible because of lack of proper bones.
I have an idea, convert the civ4 model with its animation bone, than replace the man and cannon model with which is in 1800s style.
Sadly, I have no time to do it by myself and I personaly don't know how to convert a model with its bone(it is actually possible, though).

If all you want is a horse and a cannon in the same unit, then you don't need to modify any models at all! You can just create a new art define and use an existing mounted and cannon model as unit members.

Here's an example using the Cannon and Cavalry models. I chose Cavalry since all unit members will attack when you command the unit to perform a ranged attack (I assume this will be a ranged siege unit?) and it won't look odd with Cavalry since they use a rifle. I have no idea how it will actually look in game otherwise, but it should at least work, so give it a try. :)
Code:
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfos
        (Type,                          DamageStates,   Formation)
VALUES  ('ART_DEF_UNIT_HORSE_CANNON',   1,              'ThreeBigGuns');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos
        (UnitInfoType,                  UnitMemberInfoType,             NumMembers)
VALUES  ('ART_DEF_UNIT_HORSE_CANNON',   'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_CANNON',   2),
        ('ART_DEF_UNIT_HORSE_CANNON',   'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_CAVALRY',  2);
Of course, this won't depict the horse actually pulling the cannon, but you can just pretend that when it's stationary it's not hooked up. :p If that Civ 4 model uses custom animations you should be able to convert it to work in CiV, but I've not tried that myself yet so I can't say how hard that would be.

Can anyone make some ethnic machine gun units for WWI and WW2?

Top Bottom