Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Then you will not be able to upgrade your supply trains until you sell some units to have a max of 3.
But there will be no other penalty.

If I understood correctly, players are not supposed to be able to upgrade their supply trains if they have more then 3? In that case, I have to report a bug. I have been able to upgrade all my supply trains in the games I've played even when I've captured so many there is almost one per unit.

In addition, I think it is undoubtedly correct that most countries have a prestige military academy which trains the overwhelming bulk of officers who hold high positions. The thing about having only one military academy in-game, however, is the academy only provides xp to units raised in the city in which it was constructed. By contrast, in real life, officers trained at such academies command units all over their respective countries.

I hadn't played your mod for over a year. I'm playing on Windows 10 on a dual boot Mac. The complete edition had a broken tech tree out of the box. I think I tried the v10, though. I'll give the latest a try. I began a new game with the stone age-sputnik mod and the tech tree worked fine, and so far just the occasional crash. I played a few vanilla games on OSX but as soon as I got back to the mod the difference in game experience is simply overwhelming. I liked the extra long range artillery. Why do destroyers appear in pairs? They look better as single units, IMO. Looking forward to trying the complete edition, hopefully with a working tech tree. Thanks for being around such a long time, this mod rules.

Hello Oscarpalaciosru :)

The complete edition had a broken tech tree out of the box.
Have you all the required DLCs and Gods and Kings?

If you don't have Gods and Kings :
* Go in C:\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack for BNW CE 8 beta1 (v 8)\DLCs
* Delete the files GodsandKings_XXXXXXXX.xml

If you don't have one of the following Civ/DLC :
Aztecs, Babylon, Denmark, Korea, Mongol, Polynesia, Spain/Inca
* Go in C:\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack for BNW CE 8 beta1 (v 8)\DLCs
* Delete the files (sql and xml) related to the Civ/DLC that you don't have.

Why do destroyers appear in pairs?
I don't remember why, it's so old know! I will set it to 1 ship for the next version.

Hi Ferris Bueller,

In that case, I have to report a bug. I have been able to upgrade all my supply trains in the games I've played even when I've captured so many there is almost one per unit.
Could it be that you have more than 3 medical supplies? The AI has the bad habit to trade them if I'm right.

The thing about having only one military academy in-game, however, is the academy only provides xp to units raised in the city in which it was constructed. By contrast, in real life, officers trained at such academies command units all over their respective countries.
Yes but one of the concept of Civ5 is to specialize cities and with the top academies as national wonders you can have a city to train the Air Force, one for the Army and the third for the Navy.

But I will check if those buildings are mutually exclusivs, there is no point to have all of them in the same city :)

Hello Oscarpalaciosru :)

Have you all the required DLCs and Gods and Kings?

If you don't have Gods and Kings :
* Delete the files GodsandKings_XXXXXXXX.xml

If you don't have one of the following Civ/DLC :
Aztecs, Babylon, Denmark, Korea, Mongol, Polynesia, Spain/Inca
* Delete the files (sql and xml) related to the Civ/DLC that you don't have.

Thanks for your quick reply, I'll try that. I'm sure I have the DLC, I've paid for it all :), and I've played all except Mongol and Polynesia, but I can select those civs. This being a new install, maybe Gods and Kings wasn't downloaded or something. I'll check it out.

What I find weird, though, is that I've had no problems (other than occasional crashes) playing with the Industrial Mod (don't they have the same G&K/DLC requirements?).

I program a bit and can find my way around code and filesystems, but I'm not familiar with the XML files and such, although I do remember changing values at some point a long time ago, but in Civ 4. Maybe I'll get around trying to debug.

Yes but one of the concept of Civ5 is to specialize cities and with the top academies as national wonders you can have a city to train the Air Force, one for the Army and the third for the Navy.

But I will check if those buildings are mutually exclusivs, there is no point to have all of them in the same city :)
Interesting. I play Immortal, Continents, Large, 22civs, raging barbarians, as many city states as possible. I've managed to win many games with 90-100% of units produced in one city, usually the capitol, because of the extra Morale that comes with the Heroic Epic for ships and land units. Additionally, you save the extra costs of building extra armories all over. I like to save my units as much as possible to both have them accumulate experience and avoid the production costs of building replacements.

Hi Ferris Bueller,

Could it be that you have more than 3 medical supplies? The AI has the bad habit to trade them if I'm right.

When I first started playing with the mod, I wasn't sure what medical supplies were for, and I used to sell them to the AI myself, but I never bought any. In any case, I am certain that the gap between the number of supplies I had and the number of trains was large, because it said so at the top of the screen, where the respective number was -7, -10 etc.

I'm not certain, but from what I remember I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

Good news Oscarpalaciosru :)

Ferris Bueller I can confirm that the Academies are not mutually exclusiv; I will make it so for the next update but with the possibility to remove this nerf, for players who prefer to have them in the same city.

In any case, I am certain that the gap between the number of supplies I had and the number of trains was large, because it said so at the top of the screen, where the respective number was -7, -10 etc.

Yes because you can capture the ennemy supply trains even if you have not enough medical supplies. I will see if I can find something better for this unit.

No buildings or wonder show their correct tooltip.
I have a clean install, first time with Hulfgar, deleted cache and moduserdata content, verified cache with steam, checked IGE ingame editor, and then the 3 hulfgar mods.

Any help appreciated :(

Hello Xiombargdei,

from your screenshot the problem is with EUI.
Are you sure you have only 1 version of EUI installed?
do you have other mods running?

could you post me the log files and a savegame?

thanks

Hello Hulfgar,

I have a few other ideas I hope you don't mind me bringing up,

1. A unit in a city that is being captured can retreat if there is an adjacent empty hex. I find it very frustrating when, after taking a city, it is immediately retaken because of low health, and the perfectly good unit inside is destroyed.

2. Archer-to-artillery upgrade system. I find it very strange that the archer line upgrades to the Gatling gun line and loses one range. I think I understand why, because machine guns are located at the front line whereas archers were located to the rear and tended to shoot over the spearmen/pikemen. The more I think about it, the more I have come to believe that there is actually a good case for not having Gatling guns/machine guns at all, at the game's scale, their existence is implied in their eras' respective infantry units. However, I'm not asking for such a drastic step. Instead, perhaps archers (or culverins in the mod) could upgrade to the field artillery line? Thus there would be three ranged lines-the catapult line, which requires one movement point to set up, for use against cities and fortifications, the archer line, which upgrades to field artillery and provides mobile fire support, but is of limited use against dug-in units and cities, and the Gatling gun line.

Also, do you think the mod would go well with Whoward's Pick'N'Mix Mods, such as 2 Units Per Fort, 3 Units Per City and the Tunnel Boring Machine?

Thanks for the files Xiombargdei,

if you open the Lua.log file you will see that there is definitely a problem with EUI
[6333.188] YieldIconManager: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\BugFixes\YieldIconManager.lua:59: Cannot find key - ImageTexture

The first thing to try would be to run my mod without EUI to make sure that you have a working UI with only the mod.

If it works try to redownload and reinstall EUI.

I dont have Enhanced User Interface installed.
In my mod folder I do not have a folder named Enhanced User Interface or EUI.
In the game, I have nothing close to EUI checked except for IGE.
I loaded a save without IGE but i get the same problem.
I searched for "EUI" in my mods folder in windows but all i could find is a few files inside the Communitas folder.

I'm not sure what I should be doing now.

EUI would not be in the mods folder but in the DLC folder :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

Look for a folder named UI_bc1_v......

Hello Hulfgar, one small thing, not really a problem.
The light cruiser is larger than the dreadnought, you should shrink it a bit. ;)

Hello Hulfgar, one small thing, not really a problem.
The light cruiser is larger than the dreadnought, you should shrink it a bit. ;)

Come to think of it, even the missile cruiser's bigger then a battleship or even a nuclear carrier. Somehow I think the size for cruisers should be a bit smaller then now. That goes the same for supercarriers as well.

Hello Hulfgar! First of all, congratulations for the mod!
I have a problem: putting the mod the game start charging indefinitely without ever start , com can I fix it ? thank you

Hello gianpy87,

is it with the Industrial or Complete Edition? CE takes a good 5 minutes to load.
Can you post me the log files and do you have other mods enabled.

Hello Kirsche and MaxCheng95 thanks for your report, I will do some resize.
Was it with a specific nation or the generic skins?

Top Bottom