MP Mod Manager

Fantastic tool! :goodjob: :D

Is there any chance of seeing the source code? Or are you keeping it proprietary?

Anyone having problems with this lately? Keeps giving us an error about mods not matching up when we are loading the same ones, int he same order.

@TheGrumpyBuddha,
If you encounter any of your mentioned problems: The lua.log and jdhmod.log of the host and the player with the problems would help me a lot identifying and fixing those problems.

@Pluxx
The source will be available either if I implemented the features I want to or if I stop further development.

We're now using serveral mods and it appears manager's mod detection is broken, it often reports client having extra mods but I server has them too.
When we continue game we can just press LAUNCH button but when we start new the ready buttons are blocked.
Mod detections is broken, it shouldn't stop from starting game.

@TheGrumpyBuddha,
If you encounter any of your mentioned problems: The lua.log and jdhmod.log of the host and the player with the problems would help me a lot identifying and fixing those problems.

@Pluxx
The source will be available either if I implemented the features I want to or if I stop further development.
Sorry, don't have a habit of reading previous posts first.
https://www.mediafire.com/?ruhr79h9bg0b07x
These are logs from yeasterday.
As I've said despite reposrting extra mod I just started the game.

@Scenario Support:
I won't spend time to support scenarios soon, as they seem to deaktivate dlc's. At the moment I don't have time to work on dlc activation/deactivation.
For all that still want to try to play scenarios in mp: Just make a mod out of the scenario and try. I cannot offer any special support though.

@Adenru:
Your lua logs are empty. Please make sure to activate logging for CiV.
But your hosts jdhmod.log shows an exception that might be causing your problems. I am looking into it.

I'll have a look at your posted mod, as soon as I have a working version of the manager again.
At the moment I am implementing the Mod-Backup and Save-file management.

@Scenario Support:
I won't spend time to support scenarios soon, as they seem to deaktivate dlc's. At the moment I don't have time to work on dlc activation/deactivation.
For all that still want to try to play scenarios in mp: Just make a mod out of the scenario and try. I cannot offer any special support though.

@Adenru:
Your lua logs are empty. Please make sure to activate logging for CiV.
But your hosts jdhmod.log shows an exception that might be causing your problems. I am looking into it.

I'll have a look at your posted mod, as soon as I have a working version of the manager again.
At the moment I am implementing the Mod-Backup and Save-file management.

Any ETA on when the save files will be fixed? Really annoying not being able to re-load up the game with friends :(

Thanks so much for this! Just did a 2v3 with a friend against 3 AI. We played immortal, had the expanded promotions, weird religions and Active AI diplomacy mod on. All worked flawlessly. Took an hour break in the middle of the match and reloaded later fine. We had no issues whatsoever; worked perfectly as mods in multiplayer. I was very surprised! Thanks for this awesome tool :)

(map size Small, game speed Quick, if you need the info)

I don't understand. Whats the problem with save files now?

Okay, so we were playing a game of Civ5 with mods using your launcher. Everything was going well. Using Smart AI and JdH's active diplomacy. However, after one of our players disconnected so we saved the game to continue the game. But in the lobby it said the host did not have the mods, even though, I was literally just hosting it less than 1 minute beforehand. So it didn't allow the game to continue.

Using Smart AI and JdH's active diplomacy
You cannot use them both because they are the same DLL.
I think Smart AI is open sources, I'd ask Jaii der Herr to include it's code into active diplomacy.

This is not working for me and my friends sadly. Even if we only have only 1 mod activated (active AI mod by JdH again), it tells us that I am using other mods that the host is not using. Is there any recommended fix for this, or do you have any ideas what may be the cause of this issue?

EDIT: We both have Enhanced UI mod - however as you all will know, its not really a mod - so I dont think its causing any issues. We both have BNW, we can play without MP mod manager from multiplayer.

This is not working for me and my friends sadly. Even if we only have only 1 mod activated (active AI mod by JdH again), it tells us that I am using other mods that the host is not using. Is there any recommended fix for this, or do you have any ideas what may be the cause of this issue?

EDIT: We both have Enhanced UI mod - however as you all will know, its not really a mod - so I dont think its causing any issues. We both have BNW, we can play without MP mod manager from multiplayer.
The solution is usually this:
1. Exist game.
2. Wait a bit.
3. Close manager.
4. Start everything again.

Or you can start game alone with AIs, save it, than create lobby with that save. Manager won't stop you from loading game fortunately even if it thinks you have different mods.

I'd rather have that start prevention removed completely, people playing mods know exactly which mods they use, a warning will be enough.

The solution is usually this:
1. Exist game.
2. Wait a bit.
3. Close manager.
4. Start everything again.

Or you can start game alone with AIs, save it, than create lobby with that save. Manager won't stop you from loading game fortunately even if it thinks you have different mods.

I'd rather have that start prevention removed completely, people playing mods know exactly which mods they use, a warning will be enough.

We tried resetting numerous times, but the issue still remains. I'll try that save-load method, hopefully it works.

EDIT: Sadly JdH's AI mod is MP only, so I can not create an AI only save game. Or, is it ok if I create the game not from the mods screen?

I can easily start mp game alone if I setup AIs.
Yes, it competible with vanilla saves.

I can easily start mp game alone if I setup AIs.
Yes, it competible with vanilla saves.

Do you use JDHs modded version for this purpose or do you use the regular civ setup from steam?

EDIT: Using JdH's modded civ I started a full AI game and saved it in the first turn. Then my friends joined and we were able to launch finally. Now my other question, is it possible to use community made civs with this tool?

LATER EDIT: Well, even if we can play with this method there is a problem. Since at the beginning every slot is an AI, they all get their units and free techs accordingly. And when my friends replace them, those bonuses are inherited to them, hence a big advantage for them. Anybody help?

Hello,

My family and I tried this mod last night.

No matter how many mods we selected, the game crashes after about eight or so turns.

Also, I noticed that when I host, the game does lobby says this or that person does not have a compatible mod, yet, when my brother in law hosts, he can have my sister come in via the game lobby, but needs to Steam invite me...very weird.

In any case, we got all excited for nothing...game crashes after, like I said, eight turns or so.

Such a shame...

Marc

2 questions
1. When will .SQL files be supported in the manager? (Or do they need to be converted)
2. What exactly deems a mod SP only? (I'd like to modify the SP mods in question to make the MP compatible)

Hello,

My family and I tried this mod last night.

No matter how many mods we selected, the game crashes after about eight or so turns.

Also, I noticed that when I host, the game does lobby says this or that person does not have a compatible mod, yet, when my brother in law hosts, he can have my sister come in via the game lobby, but needs to Steam invite me...very weird.

In any case, we got all excited for nothing...game crashes after, like I said, eight turns or so.

Such a shame...

Marc
Run civ5 without mod manager, go to mods and make sure Active AI mod appears there. All of you must do it.

Top Bottom