Volcanoes are cool indeed

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
Last time I was watching a TV reportage on Le Massif Central, a group of extinct volcanoes right in the middle of France. I then, imagined them when they were in activity... France is a very fertile and welcoming land, and probably was too, and imagining those angry volcanoes right in the middle of it has a sort of poetry, like if water couldn't be without fire.

I then thought that if I had the talent, I would code such a scenario for Civ5 : you can manipulate several civilizations of animals, yes, animals, that lived at those times and in that country. And the errupting volcanoes would be the back drop of all this. Of course, the different factions units would be unique with their own animations, and that would just be cool...

Sound pretty stupid, heh, but when I imagined that I had the talent to do so, I thought I would really do this... so... so what, I don't know, but here I'm sharing this with the world, and that's all.

If you remember from civ 4, the animals were part of the "barbarian civilization," so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do something like this if you follow that same example.
As for the random events, I'm not a modder, either, so I don't know if you can even mke random events in civ 5, let alone choose their frequency.

If you remember from civ 4, the animals were part of the "barbarian civilization," so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do something like this if you follow that same example.

In fact you can do pretty much all what goes through the head provided you have the requested skills (which I have not). So I don't doubt you could create whole new animal units in Civ5 with their animations, like the Civ5 Furs animations. I would more think about colored animal though, like this last example (don't know the animal name) or things like squirrels. That would be fun to control squirrels ! Little packs of squirrels attacking... :lol: your workers could improve forest aka transforming trees into shelters, stock your food with buildings (empty tree), etc...

As for the random events, I'm not a modder, either, so I don't know if you can even mke random events in civ 5, let alone choose their frequency.

I have no doubt one could trigger random events in Civ5. Must be the simpliest thing in the universe. Even if I have no clue how to integrate them in such a mod. ;)

Top Bottom