Settlers and Religions?

On the topic of a policy I think troublmaker is on to something without realizing it. Instead of newly settled cities just starting with your religion why not also start them off with a free shine. That wouldn't be terribly OP but would certainly be more useful that a current policy like religious tolerance (yes I am on a crusade against this policy).

but honestly, why shouldn't it be the default without requiring a policy?

Because spreading religion would be trivial if it was free with the building of a settler?

Settlers of a new city always brought the religion of the city from which they came.
Totally untrue, by the way. First off, Settlers often had a single religion among those going to establish a colony, but not always. And furthermore, even when it was the case, it often wasn't the majority religion of the city from which they came. Religious persecution and all that.

Geez guys, I already agreed on page 1 of this thread that the other poster was right. It makes more sense as a tack-on to one of the Piety SPs. No need to pile on when I admit that I'm wrong. :)

Top Bottom