Capturing Great People

Dentalfury

Warlord
Hey all,
While playing last night it struck me as odd that you couldn't do anything more with Great Persons other than Prophets. I was invading Alexander and he had a GE and a GA just floating around. I killed both off with no issues but I wondered what if there was some game mechanic whereby you could capture any GP's you came across. There is historical precedence for this, the first that comes to mind was mad rush between the Soviets and the U.S. during the fall of Nazi Germany over any and all equipment and personnel linked to the rocket and aerospace programs.

Does this seem balanced? Would you link it to an ideology choice and/or social policy tree so it doesn't become a baseline ability?

Just some food for thought,
Dental.

It would be nice to see. Maybe if there was a chance to defect that is higher/lower for different types. For example, Great Artists may be less affected by political alignment than a Great General.

Hey all,
While playing last night it struck me as odd that you couldn't do anything more with Great Persons other than Prophets. I was invading Alexander and he had a GE and a GA just floating around. I killed both off with no issues but I wondered what if there was some game mechanic whereby you could capture any GP's you came across. There is historical precedence for this, the first that comes to mind was mad rush between the Soviets and the U.S. during the fall of Nazi Germany over any and all equipment and personnel linked to the rocket and aerospace programs.

Does this seem balanced? Would you link it to an ideology choice and/or social policy tree so it doesn't become a baseline ability?

Just some food for thought,
Dental.

I think that all civilians units, great people, settlers, workers, etc, should be able to be captured. In previous civs, captured settlers were converted into workers, which I didn't think was necessary.

You could then trade them back to the original civ for diplo points or use them for yourself.

Top Bottom