The Deity Science Challenge

that's a lot of beakers, how'd you manage that with babylon? spam academies on every tile?

2 academies only
4 Cities (1 with only Jungle tiles, 1 with lot some tiles and petra) + 3 annaxed captured ones with rugh bought science buildings

capturing/anexing cities at around turn 120-150 just rockz at deity - they all got pretty much all buildings espacially universities and sometimes public schools in them

I love the patch, even though it makes my play-through obsolete. No civilization ever found a place in history by being 1-city only. Even my ancestors, the Great Bulgarians, ruled a vast territory (roughly as big as Ukraine, meaning 600 000+ sq.m.) and had many big cities as staging points around 1000 B.C. - 7 if I am to be exact, including coastal ones. This very much acts as an example as towards what kind of expansion one should strive in order to ensure a place in history. I am giving a simpler example - Egypt, China, Mongolia, Japan, Rome, Byzantine, Greece and Persia that all people know of were really big figures on the world map around that time and they were much, much bigger.

I always felt OCC in Civ5 was getting a lot more love than usual. In the end - how many single-city countries can one name in the modern world???

Andorra, Monacco, San Marino, a few island countries (although 99% of them have a second city too)... Although I gotta say they look as a really appealing place to live in (high standard and such) making it logical for a cultural Civ5-like victory, lol :D

EDIT: Now we gotta replay the maps properly - especially as by what tommynt said in the OCC deity thread - albeit I wouldn't put it in such harsh words though :p

2 academies only
4 Cities (1 with only Jungle tiles, 1 with lot some tiles and petra) + 3 annaxed captured ones with rugh bought science buildings

capturing/anexing cities at around turn 120-150 just rockz at deity - they all got pretty much all buildings espacially universities and sometimes public schools in them

you said that specifically babylon was the best for this, so im just curious how babylon helped you achieve such high beaker count.. if you're not spamming academies and the beakers are just coming from the methods you mention above, then wouldn't just about any civ have equal ability to achieve the same result? the only benefit i can see with babylon is that they get on average more great scientists than another civ, including the important free great scientist at writing. but ignoring the benefits of quick early teching, in terms of raw beaker output late game, how is babylon giving you an advantage if you aren't spamming academies?

If he's not building academies, then he is using the extra GS to bulb technologies. With a very high :c5science: count, having 50% more GS to bulb techs at the end makes a big impact too.

Top Bottom