Naming your units

BlueSignofDeath

Chieftain
I've noticed that I have a tendency to train my units for specific purposes and name them accordingly.

For instance, on one of my recent games, I found my capital at the base of a small cluster of mountains. surrounded by hills and several barbarian encampments beyond the foothills. I ended up having to throw scouting into the wind and focused on beefing up my defense, ending up with a group of warriors and spearmen who specialized in rough terrain combat, defending their homeland with great vigor and passionate patriotism. I named them the "Mountain Goats"

Just out of curiosity... anyone else do this?

Oh yes. My ships are named for the vessels that fought at Jutland, my land units would be named after great war units (say, Liverpool Pals) and the air units named Biggles, or Ginger or such (for those who remember...)

After reading a very long game report for Civ4 a while ago, I have typically named at least one of my units per game Lady Godiva. I also tend to name siege units Grond.
Other than that it's pretty nonsensical, and I try to figure out patterns between the names afterwards.

whaaaat i didnt know u could name them? thnx now i can do like the op and label them for what they train for.

ps grond lol

Top Bottom