How are you related to CiV?

My grandfather was a tail gunner in a B24 bomber (which is closely represented by the WWII era bomber in the game).

I have lived in five countries, only two of which are represented in Civ. I have lived in the second and twenty-second cities on the English list, though I currently live in neither. The city where I went to school is a City-State. My father's country (and the country in which I now live) is a major Civ; my mother's country is represented by a City-State - which is also the city in which she was born - and a Natural Wonder, which I have visited.

Neither the city nor the country in which I was born are, as far as I'm aware, represented in any way in Civ. Most people I know haven't even heard of it, though I suspect quite a few CivFanatics will have, being as they are a fairly well-informed bunch :)

ETA: oh, and my dad used to work for an organisation that is represented in the current iteration of Civ as a World Wonder!

Could you be more related? There is the possibility that you're related to Genghis Khan.

Could you be more related? There is the possibility that you're related to Genghis Khan.

Definitely not related to Genghis, unless any of his descendants made it to England, Scotland or Sri Lanka... which I guess is technically possible, if not likely... :mischief:

I was scouring the city lists in the game files earlier to see if I could set my city of birth as an answer in the 'Who/What am I?' game... but nope, not there. No cities, City-States, Wonders, Natural Wonders, nada. My birth country doesn't exist in Sid Meier's world! :crazyeye:

I can't say I recall Sydney being a city state, but it could always get a promotion to a civilization.

It is a maritime one.

I am from Greece and I have visited the burial site of Alexanders father Philip as well as the Palace grounds. I live in Athens and I see the Acropolis (BNW wonder it seems) every day. I have also visited Pharsalos, Corinth, I was a soldier for one month at Sparta, have visited the Knossos palace, have visited the city of Pella (Alexanders birthplace), Patra, Nayplion and Lamia. :D

I went to China to see the Great Wall and the Terracotta Army. It turns out that the Chinese had blocked Tibet from mainland China so I was unable to get to Tibet aka Lhasa

Related civs; Mongols, Huns, Ottomans, Arabia, Persia (I'm mix of them)
related cities; Istanbul/Constantinople. I was born in Istanbul.
related units: Sipahis (my surname is "Sipahioğlu" which means "Son of Sipahi")

My Great-Grandmother was 100% Comanche, which is related to the Shoshone seeing as how they have a unique unit named for the Comanche...............up until now though, just American.

Related civs; Mongols, Huns, Ottomans, Arabia, Persia (I'm mix of them)
related cities; Istanbul/Constantinople. I was born in Istanbul.
related units: Sipahis (my surname is "Sipahioğlu" which means "Son of Sipahi")

Dang, that's pretty cool. I didn't know CiV players were as spread out as you imply!

Dang, that's pretty cool. I didn't know CiV players were as spread out as you imply!

hehe, thank you.

also, I forgot to add I became Keshik once, in my village (in fact, my parents' village, in East of Central Anatolia) word Keshik still using by my people. meaning "protector", "guardian" or something close these. you have to protect all cattles of village from morning to evening, and in that day people call you "Keshik" :D that's so fun, you have one or more dog companions, if you lucky you may even get a horse too. :D

Come from a line of Celtic Warriors: my last name actually means Warrior or Soldier in Old Irish

Go to college in Dublin

My family name is the same as a Belgium's province. I never been in Europe from my all life. I was born in a north american city state and still living there(i'm sure you can read somewhere which one :D). I also live in a city from Hiawatha's list, Montreal.

I read somewhere that my ancestors come from Belgium...obviously.

I have 17 years as a Military Paratrooper, and thus I firmly believe in the value, versatility and importance of the Paratrooper unit in Civ V. Also, I have personally travelled to over half the Countries and City-States in Civ V. Many favorite places have I discovered around the globe :)

I can't seem to find any relation to anything in Civ 5. I'm not from a city state, but I'm from territory held by a major civ but we really don't identify with it and hate being called the same demonym as them...

The city I live and was born in might be represented in the War between the states scenario. It was a VERY big deal, having been attacked and besieged for nearly two months. The constantinople of the west. The people here resorted to living in caves and tunnels during the siege, and made coffee from potato skins. It was rough.

Funny thing is, I have a bunch of cool stuff that in no way pertains to Civ. I have a family relation to Jesse James, and there's a fat chance that all of us are related to Genghis Khan (because that cat was a player, son.)

I'm related to Gustavus Adolphus, Genghis Khan, George Washington, Pachacuti, Kamehameha, Shaka, and Gilgamesh

Work in the mining industry; i feel for those workers whenever I make them mine things.

I was born in a city in Washington's name pool... but that's about it.

Well the capital of my country was a city-state before Gods and Kings. After G&K it became a Swedish city.

Not yet related to CiV, but I've been in 2 places that Venice had conquered.

Top Bottom