Island City State Requests a Road

Vienneau

Chieftain
I'm sure this has been asked already, but I can't find it (I can find lots of references to a fixed bug though).

City State requests a road, but they're on an island where I can't build (or won't) build a City.

I assume that if they build a harbor, and I have a harbor, this quest will be accomplished?

But how do I encourage them to build a harbor? I didn't see an option to pay them to build one.

I've never been able to accomplish this quest.

Related question - if I build a road to a City State, do I pay for the road I build in their territory? Should I be removing the road after it's built to reduce expenses?

road in terreritory: owner pays
road in no-mans-land: builder pays

about the harbour thing: i dunno, but i guess this wont solve the quest

Could you annex the CS, build a harbor, and then liberate the CS? Or would that cancel the quest?

As for building a road within the territory of a CS (or other Civ), I believe they are stuck with the cost of upkeep. Of course, they are also free to pillage it and rid themselves of the burden.

If you can build a city on the island, build a harbor on that city, and then build a road from that city to the city state, it might work. It may not though, it may be an impossible quest.

If you don't want to build a city on the island though, it's probably not worth doing. Even if they build a harbor, that won't connect you to them by a road.

I hope they patch this, so that if a city state is on a piece of land less than 15 tiles in size then they won't request a road (unless you end up settling a city on that island, then the city state can offer the quest).

Top Bottom