Challenges Thread

So a while back I did a challenges thread. Didn't get much response. So I'm trying again, this time with a bit more explanation for why I'm doing it.

The only game of CIV I really play anymore are the many RFC Mods. The idea of challenges, specific goals I follow for a set period of time, and the historicity of it, both make the game more exciting, as I feel I'm actually changing the course of history when I play, rather than influencing a world which I know nothing about.

This project, if it pans out, will be a multi-mod and downloadable scenario list of challenges the community makes to add dimension and depth to the game.

The format I want is something like this.

Name Of challenge:

Mod or scenario used:

Civ used:

Scenario goals:

Handicaps placed on player (Optional):

The Challenges I prefer are of medium difficulty, and take place on a map that is not randomly-generated or otherwise unrelated to a period of history real or imagined. But if you fell you've got a really good idea for a challenge, go ahead and post it.

Example:

Name of Challenge: Rome Invictus

Mod used: RFC

CIV Used: ROme

Scenario Goals: Keep Rome alive until 1453 AD

Handicap Placed on player: None

I assume that lack of interest or responses may be because you are using mods, and most people probably don't play with mods.

This is perhaps close to home for you, but I would be interested in some Chinese history. A different outcome of the Three Kingdoms or something like that.

I highly recommend to watch the Three Kingdoms TV series btw, the Chinese version (there are probably many, but it was fairly recent). It's wonderfully well-done, even if the fighting is a bit over the top at times. It always amuses me when a Great General shows up as Cao Cao or Zhuge Liang :)

You could try there, but I honestly don't know how many people are playing with various mods. Better chance there I suppose, as most people frequenting these subforums probably don't play with mods (though I know some do).

I once tried a challenge of my own:

Name of Challenge: something cool with 'nuke'

Mod used: guess any mod with a modern era will do, but I usually play with Kmod

Civ used: any

Scenario goal: win a conquest victory

Handicap placed on player: you must not declare war before having had your first nuke. If war is declared on you before that time, you must only fight defensive wars. Any taken city must be given back and peace must be signed as soon as the other party is willing to settle.
Once nukes have been built, it's open season, but you must launch at least one of those on every opponent in every war you're involved in.

Strategy used: expand fast and tech.

Top Bottom