Save game map editor

Darius I

Chieftain
Is there any program out there to edit the map used in a Save game file? I've got a game going that I am trying to use all available space to get a high score. Problem is, there is a mountain right where my next city is supposed to go! If there are no programs already made for this, is there a way I can go into the file itself and change some of the code? Any help would be most appreciated!!:groucho:

I think if you plant a city on whatever terrain tile, the terrain under the city turns into flat, grassland.

That doesn't work on mountains. When your settler goes on a mountain, you have no option to build a new city.

I agree; I need a save game map editor. It could solve other problems other than space management like disappearing reasources and the like could be re-instated on the maps...

I might add a map import function to my editor, as long as the coastlines and size are unchanged there should be no problems.

That would be excellant. I beleive your editor already allows you to open the map in a window but doesn't allow for changes to it. I like that idea...

Originally posted by Gramphos
I might add a map import function to my editor, as long as the coastlines and size are unchanged there should be no problems.
What about changing those items?

I have a game running now where the English are getting wiped out by the Russians :( and I'd like to restart it at 4K BC with those 2 civs separated by some water (so I can do the wiping out later :D). Also the French have the largest continent and by sheer numbers of cities are whipping everyone else. I'd like to replace some of their continent with coast squares. :lol:

BTW, I'm not playing as any of the above named civs.

It would be possible to edit the coastlines, but if any units are placed on the changed tiles it could became an error. Mapsize is harder to modify.
However the main thing would be to make an import function, but then it would have very little tests, only the size. As there is a mapeditor with the game I see no reason to make my own editor.

I downloaded the test version that could import a map. I exported my map and then tried to add some strategic resources in the map editor and re-import however whenever I try to re-import the savegame editor gives me an error stating that the map is of a different size... I ma using version 1.16F of the game..

Originally posted by happy_civ
I downloaded the test version that could import a map. I exported my map and then tried to add some strategic resources in the map editor and re-import however whenever I try to re-import the savegame editor gives me an error stating that the map is of a different size...
Well, I didn't test it very well. :rolleyes:

I'll look into it.

I have downloaded the fixed version adn it let me add all the strategic and luxery resources and it imported the map successfully. I have not tried to edit any of the terrarins yet...:D :D

I don't know if changing the number of continents work, but I hope it does.

Top Bottom