need more nuclear weapons

The Dragoon

Chieftain
:nuke: Alright, im my civ3 game i love to build up a huge lot of nuclear weapons, then start my regin of terror over the earth, but nothing is powerful or deadly enough as i would like them to be. Could someone make something like a hydrogen nuke and an a-bomb that could be dropped from a bomber, like the ww2 a-bomb?:mischief:

Well, Krayzeenbk made a bunch of missiles when he used to be around.

3 of them.

But if you want the game modded to have deadlier nuclear missiles, then no, that's not possible. They are hard coded to do what they do. Blow up the surrounding 9 tiles essentially. Can't increase the tiles, can't decrease the tiles, can't increase possibility for destruction, etc.

No, catapult launched nukes doesn't work, because it would expend itself in the process. Plane dropped ones don't either, because they will expend itself when launched. Anything checked with the nuclear flag destroys itself when it bombards/bombs.

It could be possible if the Catapult or Airplane themselves weren't the weapons. You could mod them to be carriers. Then make a new unit to be the nuclear ammunition, load them into the 'carrier', and deploy them to the target.

Of course, I suppose normal airplanes in CivIII wouldn't work, because of how limited their movement is. You'd have to create them as ground units, which complicates things.

It could be possible if the Catapult or Airplane themselves weren't the weapons. You could mod them to be carriers. Then make a new unit to be the nuclear ammunition, load them into the 'carrier', and deploy them to the target.

Of course, I suppose normal airplanes in CivIII wouldn't work, because of how limited their movement is. You'd have to create them as ground units, which complicates things.

Yeah, but if you tell the catapult to carry it, it would act like a land transport, which the AI does not know how to use. The airplane would also act like said land transport (but through the air), except that it would (when paradroping the nuke) leave it with 0 movement points, so it would be unable to bombard once it lands.

well, i guess having more descrutive nuclear weapons is impossible, or atleast out of the question for now. Hey Bluemofia, the playground mod file is to big for my comp to download at 3.09kb sec it sure takes a while. But can u get me the giant death robots so i can download em?:borg:

well, i guess having more descrutive nuclear weapons is impossible, or atleast out of the question for now. Hey Bluemofia, the playground mod file is to big for my comp to download at 3.09kb sec it sure takes a while. But can u get me the giant death robots so i can download em?:borg:

Aww... Do it overnight then.

You really should go get your own GDR collection. Zenith Mecha

Thanks for the link:goodjob:. I have tried to download files over 50mb overnight but my isp cuts of the internet connection after four hours, and by then only about 40-45mbs are downloaded. It really sucks, and where i live, there is no high speed internet axess, only dial-up, like MSN or juno.:thumbsdown: :badcomp:

Top Bottom