A question for guys: Would you ever get Cosmo for your girlfriend?

Would you ever get Cosmo for your girlfriend?

• Total voters

Eukaryote

Deity
Anyone that ever glances at the magizine rack in any store knows Cosmopolitin's biggest purpose is to help women please men, so my question for all the straight guys here is: if your girlfriend wasn't already subscribed, would you get her Cosmopolitin Magizines? You don't have to give them to her directly, you could just leave them somewhere she could find them. For the sake of argument, let's assume you're over the age of 20.

I without a doubt, would.

I'm willing to guess that the entire magazine is a waste of shiny paper. There's no way such an industry gets any support from me!

Cosmopolitin's biggest purpose is to help women please men
Not really, it's purpose is to sell you ****.

And, have you ever actually read any of those "How to please your man" articles. I did a couple times, out of curiosity. It's phony quotes from "guys" (more likely women who just made them up) with weird lines like "When she bites my ear during lovemaking, I just go wild!".

I would never buy one of those crappy magazines. Waste of money & damaging to your GF's brain cells.

Edit : plus what ElMac said. Not to mention all those perfume ads. Will make your bedroom (assuming you & yours share one) smell awful and all those chemicals will probably increase your likelihood of cancer by a few hundredths of a percent.

Those glitzy magazines are in the same category as celebrity gossip. A few lies sprinkled in waste.

Anyone that ever glances at the magizine rack in any store knows Cosmopolitin's biggest purpose is to help women please men, so my question for all the straight guys here is: if your girlfriend wasn't already subscribed, would you get her Cosmopolitin Magizines? You don't have to give them to her directly, you could just leave them somewhere she could find them. For the sake of argument, let's assume you're over the age of 20.

I without a doubt, would.
Not unless she offered to trade a steak dinner (Or something more valuable, if she's my wife :cool: ) in exchange for me going to pick it up for her. And even then, my respect for her would probably drop significantly. Those things are trash.

My girlfriend bought the Cosmo Kama Sutra book for us if that counts.

And, have you ever actually read any of those "How to please your man" articles. I did a couple times, out of curiosity. It's phony quotes from "guys" (more likely women who just made them up) with weird lines like "When she bites my ear during lovemaking, I just go wild!".

I would never buy one of those crappy magazines. Waste of money & damaging to your GF's brain cells.

Edit : plus what ElMac said. Not to mention all those perfume ads. Will make your bedroom (assuming you & yours share one) smell awful and all those chemicals will probably increase your likelihood of cancer by a few hundredths of a percent.

Yep thats about it....some of those quotes are quite suspicious as I have read too...:rolleyes:

My girlfriend's doing a pretty fine job as it is. :yeah:

Though I figure a lot of it could be found on the Web (including Cosmo's website, if it was pertinent and was online).

Though if she wanted it...I'd probably give in. I'm not doing it on my own, though, so never.

Plus, we can just talk about what works and what doesn't.

No, a woman pleases me by doing what I tell her to do when I tell her to do it to my precise specifications without hesitation or deviation.

if its purpose is to "help women please men" then it will never get support from me. I don't like my women demure.

If she needs advice on how to please her man, which is me, why doesn't she just ask me? ;)
"When she bites my ear during lovemaking, I just go wild!".
What kind of guy goes says "I just go wild?" :lol:

I've never found Cosmopolitan to be much more than sparsely sprinkled mild smile inducers and more adverts than you can shake a manly stick at...

No I wouldn't subscribe her to it, though I have on occasion bought it for her because I was going to the newsagents anyway and she asked me to get it for her.

I have actully read some of those articles, and they hit the nail on the head.

Anyone that ever glances at the magizine rack in any store knows Cosmopolitin's biggest purpose is to help women please men,

Men are pleased by women that take two hours to primp every morning before they leave the house? Women that worry whether they're wearing the perfect jeans for their butt? Women that wear uncomfortable shoes and complain about it all night? Women that are insecure because they think they need to look like they've been airbrushed free of their zits and photoshopped twenty pounds narrower? Women that don't believe they already know how to please men?

Cosmo's biggest purpose is to convince women they're not good enough without Cosmo. :thumbsdown: Just talk to your girlfriend about what you like.

Men are pleased by women that take two hours to primp every morning before they leave the house? Women that worry whether they're wearing the perfect jeans for their butt? Women that wear uncomfortable shoes and complain about it all night? Women that are insecure because they think they need to look like they've been airbrushed free of their zits and photoshopped twenty pounds narrower? Women that don't believe they already know how to please men?

Cosmo's biggest purpose is to convince women they're not good enough without Cosmo. :thumbsdown: Just talk to your girlfriend about what you like.

QF absolute truth. I don't like it when any company sells the acceptable image to women.

Their biggest purpose should be making money and if that means degrading women and impersonating men then:thumbsup:.

Any man who willingly buys that for their significant other and thus subjects themselves to all of those horrid couples tests deserves to be shot.

Top Bottom