Rallying call for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Hey Rhye. How do you intend to go about the DLC? What CIVs do you intend to have playable? :)

Looking forward to the first build of this mod. :D

I thought of going forward developing the complete version (Babylon, Mongolia, Spain, Inca, Danmark so far) and once it is settled, release a DLC-free version (with possibly a placeholder for Spain)

:D

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

patience.... wearing.... thin

I have gotten all the stupid steam achievements in the mean-time

need RaF for civ5, gotta hook me up man, need my fix.

please hurry :)

~Tweaking out in a corner promising myself i will play RFC for 5 soon~

Is it possible to CHANGE Polynesia to a playable civ, or for that matter - can any "unviable" civ like them be "Changed"?

This way for instance, if i have polynesia, it would "show up" as australia?

I like the idea of a complete version - it is irritating to own DLC and not have it usable for playing mods - one of the biggest reasons i hate the DLC model as it creates denial in many many areas. i can't even use a civ pack mod i like because i own spain, it has A spain and i can't disable it.

is there going to be a version with only the mongol DLC?

The Mongol DLC was free so I guess they are considered part of the vanilla game... And he has stated that the vanilla version will include a fanmade Spain if it is possible because else a world map doesn't make sense, so yeah, I am pretty sure, the Mongols are in... ;)

@Minor Civs, I am really excited on how they will turn up because they seem to be one of the few things where Civ5 is definitely better than civ4 (other parts: Hexes, debatable: Unique Powers).

i think you can have 2 or more city states beeing the same civ. for example australia will be 3 city states but if you declare war on one of them the other 2 declare war on you.

The Mongol DLC was free so I guess they are considered part of the vanilla game... And he has stated that the vanilla version will include a fanmade Spain if it is possible because else a world map doesn't make sense, so yeah, I am pretty sure, the Mongols are in... ;)

@Minor Civs, I am really excited on how they will turn up because they seem to be one of the few things where Civ5 is definitely better than civ4 (other parts: Hexes, debatable: Unique Powers).

I thought he was using DLC Spain...

For the All-DLC Version, yes. But the Vanilla No-DLC game has no Spain, but on a World Map trying to emulate all the history playing without a Civ that "owns" practically its own Continent (South America), it's not much fun... You need A Spain for a History-Emulation to make sense, you can make the Inca a Minor civ since they "only" interacted with Spain in history. It doesn't make much sense to make Spain non-playable City State. (But of course it'd be possible).

In the end, there are just two versions...

@christos Yes, I am aware of that . What is your point?

Well yeah, I don't know. Maybe. Probably. I was not thinking of timelines, just general situation, and I guess Rhye needs to answer the exact plan himself.

You know, maybe it should be considered to just have 2 versions, full downloads and
no downloads. Besides, RFC is a good enough mod that it's EASILY worth the cost
of downloading DLCs.

You know, maybe it should be considered to just have 2 versions, full downloads and
no downloads. Besides, RFC is a good enough mod that it's EASILY worth the cost
of downloading DLCs.

Even rfc is not worth the cost of downloading DLCs Here in greece we have a economic crisis so i dont think i could easily buy the DLC. Also even if i had the money i would never give them for just one or two new civs which i can play with a free mod.

There could be two versions:

1) with all DLC.

2) with only the free mongol DLC but have a mod created spain.

in fact there are many modded civs like Holy roman empire, Byzantine empire, vikings and many others which could be used in both versions.

Australia is already in the minor civs list...

WOOT! AUSTRALIA!!!

Will they represent the colony or the pre-Cook inhabitants? Also, can you please make Australia unaccessable until Optics? It is incredibly annoying in normal RFC.

Top Bottom