Shift-P does not work

jkk

Warlord
This has me baffled. C3C, fully patched, under Windows 7. I try to automate pollution cleanup, but the stated hotkey Shift-P does nothing. I have to do pollution cleanup orders manually, each and every time. Eighteen clicks on a mountain.

Has anyone heard of or experienced this?

This has me baffled. C3C, fully patched, under Windows 7. I try to automate pollution cleanup, but the stated hotkey Shift-P does nothing. I have to do pollution cleanup orders manually, each and every time. Eighteen clicks on a mountain.

Has anyone heard of or experienced this?
The hotkey for automated Pollution ('damage') cleanup is Shift-D in Conquests; it also works for lava. This hotkey (along with several others), got changed from Vanilla/ PtW, in part I think because of the new Terrain-types (e.g. the 'Automate: Clear Jungle' hotkey also got changed from Shift-J to Shift-W for 'Clear Wetlands' since the command now also applies to Marsh).

If you go into the 'Preferences' menu, and switch on 'Show Advanced Unit Action Buttons', you should then be able to see what the actual hotkey is in-game, by rolling the cursor over each one of the 'automate' buttons.

There was also a Conquests cheat-sheet PDF prepared by Julian Egelstaff (plus others), and downloadable from here on CFC -- but I can't find it at the moment (possibly it got lost in the big server-move last year). It is(/was) very good for the most part, and has(/had) a fairly comprehensive list of the commands, but unfortunately was not fully updated from PtW: ironically, the 'Clear Pollution' hotkey was one of the few things that was not amended :p

Moderators:
If that help-file is indeed now MIA, I would be happy to re-upload my copy of it (and also the one for Vanilla, if wanted).

The hotkey for automated Pollution ('damage') cleanup is Shift-D in Conquests; it also works for lava. This hotkey (along with several others), got changed from Vanilla/ PtW, in part I think because of the new Terrain-types (e.g. the 'Automate: Clear Jungle' hotkey also got changed from Shift-J to Shift-W for 'Clear Wetlands' since the command now also applies to Marsh).

If you go into the 'Preferences' menu, and switch on 'Show Advanced Unit Action Buttons', you should then be able to see what the actual hotkey is in-game, by rolling the cursor over each one of the 'automate' buttons.

There was also a Conquests cheat-sheet PDF prepared by Julian Egelstaff (plus others), and downloadable from here on CFC -- but I can't find it at the moment (possibly it got lost in the big server-move last year). It is(/was) very good for the most part, and has(/had) a fairly comprehensive list of the commands, but unfortunately was not fully updated from PtW: ironically, the 'Clear Pollution' hotkey was one of the few things that was not amended :p

I am not sure if the one from here is the one that I got, or whether I got one from elsewhere, but this should completely solve my problem. Many thanks!

I am not sure if the one from here is the one that I got, or whether I got one from elsewhere, but this should completely solve my problem. Many thanks!
Just rediscovered a link to the page linking to these PDFs in a post I made some months back (someone bumped the thread). Still not sure why I couldn't find them directly via the Downloads section, though... :crazyeye:

Top Bottom