Cities for techs

Delphi456

Prince
Is the AI willing to sell me a tech for x number of my cities?
I'm attempting a zero-science game and need to know tech-acquiring strategies, besides pointy-stick.

No, the KI will not accept cities as part of an deal.

They only accept cites as gift or give one or more cities of their own away as part of a peace treaty (only if they are on the losing side ;) ).

The ability to trade cities has been removed for game balance as it was sometimes possible to buy of a KI nation (Best known case was the Napoleon scenario, there it was initally possible to win within one turn by buying most KI cities for alliances!).

Only on an unpatched vanilla version of Civ3 one can trade cities.

I'm attempting a zero-science game and need to know tech-acquiring strategies, besides pointy-stick.

You can wait till 2 civs are in the modern age and capture the great library. Works fine, but feels like cheating.

You should stockpile gold and buy techs for lump sums. If you wait long enough that will be reasonable cheap, in fact a lot cheaper than researching it yourself. Getting that way into the industrial age works fine. Try to keep your trading partners friendly so you can buy techs cheaply.

Once in the industrial age you can switch to communism(or facism) for veteran spies and build the intelligence agency. Once you have your veteran spies out in the world you can steal techs which then will be cheaper than buying them.

Top Bottom