Pirate Option - Units Disappear at Start

Justin Time

Chieftain
The AOD2 Mod is great and I am really enjoying it. I just loaded the new 1.08 version, but when I try to play the pirates, I loose all of my units after the intro movie on the first turn. Can anyone help?

I load the mod. Select a Scenario. Choose either Pirate captain. Start the game. I move my ship towards land. End my turn. The movie displays and when I click exit, all of my units disappear. The king tries to give me a new ship, but that also disappears each time I end the turn. Suggestions? I am really interested in playing the pirate version.

Arghh!!

As noted in PM to you, it's a bug related to the "no pirates till turn 30" thing I introduced into 1.08. :)

Dale, maybe you could lift some code from Rhyes and Fall of Civilization, since that has a working system of delayed starts. BtS versions are probably the most transportable of the mod versions

Col works different in that you need to start at the beginning of the game for the King to work properly. Otherwise it gets all weirded out. :)

I see, why you have to place units to start with and why they have to disappear,
but is there any chance you can stop the king from giving you a ship,
which disapears the next turn (then he will give you a new ship, which will disappear....)

I think you know where this is going

All in all when I finally clicked through 30 turns of that I had a tax rate of 4% and lost some money, as I loaded units into the first ship I got...

I don't mind.

After all I have lost my first ship with two colonists on board on turn 2 somewhere in v1.05.

Alernatively, pirate ship could be located in Tortuga...

In old col. there was a feature called "damaged ship" disabling the ship to sail for a couple of turns. If we had that here... their ship could be "damaged"in Tortuga for 27 turns.

HMMM... Hoping that this might be fixed in a future version. Is there a suspected date when this may be fixed in a newer version.

Top Bottom