Cool Models for REF

If you unzip the dragoon you will find two files inside...

Replace the imperial musketman and imperial dragoon to have updated files. Please make sure you backup your old files. :)

I know that there are two files, but one of them is the wrong file I think. You have two different versions of Vet_Dragoon_Horse_DIFF256.dds and no copy of Veteran_Dragoon_DIFF256.dds.

I've tried every combination of overwriting the Imperial files with your two files and it didn't work. Can you check you have the two correct files in there please?

A big thanks to Deliverator!

Please find attached the updated (and hopefully correct) transparent models.

Attachments

• Dragoon_16th_Regiment_transparent.rar
    163.5 KB · Views: 64
No problem. Works great now - see attachment. :)

You can use them for both Veteran Musketman/Dragoon and Imperial Musketman/Dragoon, but the uniforms of your troops will be your faction colour rather than the blue of the default veterans. White v Red looks kind of cool, but ahistorical I guess.

Cool! Thanks :)

They are transparent to enable REF to use its own colour.

Use the original Oleg's models for your colony -which I have also attached here- looks far better. ;)

You can see my modded Australia here. ;)

Since playing dark red vs red bothers me I had a scout around and I found that they is a nice model for Continental Infantry in the original Civ 4 American Revolution mod. Looks much better than the standard Veteran Soldier (although not up to the standard of Oleg's stuff). I like the way he occasionally gets out a nice cup of tea.

I've attached the files if you'd like to try it. You can just swap your current Veteran Soldier folder for the contents of this rar.

Need to find some better Veteran Dragoons...

Very interesting! I would also like to have different models for REF and continental army.

Let us know if you find any cool Dragoon. :)

Perhaps I can edit the hat and make it look even nicer! Do you like this golden line? Maybe I could also replace with another head as well...

Hmmm edited the file, this model has quite low resolution.

I also think it is shorter than average models, but could be wrong.

Wish we could find this one with improved resolution.

Dale what did you use for AoD I?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    448.1 KB · Views: 73
That's odd. There didn't seem to be a size issue when I tried it. I'm sure someone with some artistic talent could retexture it.

I had a play around with your transparent versions and Oleg's original and it is possible to retain his nice shading and have the transparency so that you get team colour. You'll see in the attached image that these dragoons have team colour, but also have the shading so that they are less dayglo. I can do a better job on this when I have time.

I'm getting confused with all these version. :p

Just let me know when you're done, and what to include where, and I'll do it. :)

Deliverator, the bluecoat you posted is the original regular musketman model, in lower resolution and different background colour. :)

Do you think we can use it to paint the original?

Right I've been busy and I've made transparent and shaded versions of the REF units, but more excitingly I think I've made some rather nice Continental units for the Veteran Musketman and Veteran Dragoon. First the screenshots...

... and here are the files. To make it easy I have bundled up everything so that it can just be unzipped into your mod Assets/Art/Units directed and everything should work. Reskinning is quite fun when you get into it...

Finally old and new side by side...

Thanks. The reason I did the shaded and transparent versions for the REF/Imperial units is that I think there look more natural. The pure transparent ones with no shading look too bright in my opinion. So I reckon go with my set. :)

Playing with these new Veteran units versus the new REF gives the War of Independence a better feel of realism I think.

To be clear - I'm suggesting we use all four new models in the newVeteranAndREFUnits.rar posted above.

Top Bottom