Guess the UA/UB/UU of the civs

As the developers have already said the UA for the Mayans will be calander related, I wonder what this will mean. Certain benefits for specific years??
Mayan civ is automatically destroyed if they haven't won by 2012AD :lol:

Wonder if that means I would die... So hate the stupid "2012" thing lol... Its a misrepresentation of our ancient calender and an end of the world scenario goes against everything that the ancient Maya belief stood against lol.

Basically just a Western love for "Doomsdays" placed onto our culture.

As the developers have already said the UA for the Mayans will be calander related, I wonder what this will mean. Certain benefits for specific years??
Mayan civ is automatically destroyed if they haven't won by 2012AD :lol:

I suggested in the past a free social policy (or at least a culture boost) every time they hit a full calendar cycle (one of those cycles takes place in 2012), but I think they occur too frequently early in the game.

according to this article, pictish warriors are supposed to get faith from combat, so i doubt that the maya will also be getting it, though i realize this information may have come after people suggested that in this thread, due to the date said article was last updated. also, i'm going to go ahead and guess that the celts get +1 faith from worked forest tiles, since we're not sure of exactly how "faith from forests" works yet.

i'm also going to agree with the people saying that carthage will be a warrior-merchant civilization with a naval unique unit, though i'd still prefer a militaristic city-state bonus over a simple purchase discount.

...there is no current UA that resembles anything close to [a city attack bonus]...

not exactly true. the mongols get a bonus against city-state cities, not just their units.

It would also quite weaken the Mandekalu to give someone else that power with all of their units.

Sorry Gucumatz, didn't mean to offend! Just making a joke on (western) pop culture.

I suggested in the past a free social policy (or at least a culture boost) every time they hit a full calendar cycle (one of those cycles takes place in 2012), but I think they occur too frequently early in the game.

That sounds like an interesting idea, but a free social policy each time might be a bit overpowered. Maybe a different boost for each cycle, depending on what they want to encourage, like for the first cycle farms produce extra food to encourage growth, second cycle increases the production of great prophets....etc
Well as it's a game they wouldn't need to represent every cycle, just what would keep the Mayans unique but balanced

Sorry Gucumatz, didn't mean to offend! Just making a joke on (western) pop culture.

That sounds like an interesting idea, but a free social policy each time might be a bit overpowered. Maybe a different boost for each cycle, depending on what they want to encourage, like for the first cycle farms produce extra food to encourage growth, second cycle increases the production of great prophets....etc
Well as it's a game they wouldn't need to represent every cycle, just what would keep the Mayans unique but balanced

None taken.

=======

And I still think Louis's suggestion is still the best I have heard. But would be hard to define on the description. The bonsues would obviously be scripted and would be hard to write down for a single simple UA description.

That being said it would be really cool. It could work maybe as a random chance wheel with certain boosts being more probable. Like 5-10% of a free policy, 5-10% of a Free Tech, 5-10% of a Great Person of your choice, 30-40% of a Culture Boost 30-40% for Faith Boost. So around every so many "X" turns after getting Calender you would randomly get one of these boosts.

Something like that would be pretty cool.

1 free Policy at Calendar would be the simplest implementation.. I hope it looks more like the great suggestions in this thread.

1 free Policy at Calendar would be the simplest implementation.. I hope it looks more like the great suggestions in this thread.

That's doesn't seem like enough. Unless it was coupled with something else as well? Unsure what, though.

1 free Policy at Calendar and double great prophet generation rate? Would mirror the Babylonians pretty well

1 free Policy at Calendar and double great prophet generation rate? Would mirror the Babylonians pretty well

Depending on how powerful the Great Prophet is,it might be better to change it to +50% Great Prophet generation rate instead 100% . And I think I'd be better they receive a bonus when researched Astronomy instead Calendar,since the end of Mayan's calendary is based on the movement of stars .

I think Austria is going to have the Hussar and an opera-house, replacing the theater. Another possibility is the Jäger/Grenzer, it would replace the rifleman and have faster movement speed in forests and inside friendly territory.

...but there's already an Opera House in the game...

Instead of that, I'd suggest a Concert Hall, replacing the Opera House, giving additional Culture and maybe a gold bonus.

...but there's already an Opera House in the game...

Instead of that, I'd suggest a Concert Hall, replacing the Opera House, giving additional Culture and maybe a gold bonus.

Oops, my bad I totally forgot there was an Opera House in Civ5. My idea was for Austria to have a better culture building than the other civs, like the Concert Hall you suggested.

I suspect Austria will have a Hussar and a cultural building of some kind. While I could see two UUs, I think there are better candidates and variety is always good (I suspect the Mayans will have a unique building, but I can't think of another that will).

If they have a UB to replace Opera house,I think a bonus to generate GA (instead a boring + :c5culture: bonus) would be more interesting .

Does anyone think they'll have Budapest as a city?

Top Bottom