A Complete Guide to Achievements (Civ V)

[*]From Archaemennid to Safavid - Darius (Persia) - Trigger 5 golden ages in a single game. You cannot use great people, social policies, or wonders to trigger the golden ages, only happiness. It is possible that triggering a golden age using one of those methods completely disables this achievement.
Bolded text is inaccurate. To get this achievement, you have to trigger 5 golden ages using happiness. Golden ages triggered through other means don't count towards the 5, but don't prevent you from getting this achievement - though they do make it somewhat harder since you don't make any progress towards your next happiness-triggered golden age when you're already in one.

Bolded text is inaccurate. To get this achievement, you have to trigger 5 golden ages using happiness. Golden ages triggered through other means don't count towards the 5, but don't prevent you from getting this achievement - though they do make it somewhat harder since you don't make any progress towards your next happiness-triggered golden age when you're already in one.

That was based on some threads I read a long time ago, so I can't verify it. That's why it says "it is possible". Some people had reported they could not unlock it if after starting a golden age with a great person or policy. That was also a long time ago, though.

Edit: I found a site discussing the problems with the achievement: http://mattgadient.com/2011/01/29/c...mennid-to-safavid-achievement-bug-workaround/

"The Rhodes Colossus" is currently borked. I have a clear railroad from CT to Cairo and it wont trigger.

A lot of achievements are messed up right now. Supposedly it's just the victory achievements, but I'm hearing of others as well. I don't know which ones though, so I can't list them as broken, and hopefully they'll have them fixed.

Edit: That sounded weird. More like I don't remember which ones I've heard of, and I don't know which ones are broken at this point.

Just updated the Brave New World and Broken Achievement sections...

Just updated the Brave New World and Broken Achievement sections...

First, thanks for doing the work on this list you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Second, I figured it out you have to actually defeat Cairo AND have the railroad to it, I just built a railroad there then moved a huge army there to kick his butt. :crazyeye:

Incidentally, if you play this way you will win the game even if you ignore all other objectives.

Thanks again.

Just had a long MP game and discovered achievements were unlocking for one of the players. So apparently achievements are working in MP now. Anyone else having luck with getting achievements in MP?

First, thanks for doing the work on this list you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Second, I figured it out you have to actually defeat Cairo AND have the railroad to it, I just built a railroad there then moved a huge army there to kick his butt. :crazyeye:

Incidentally, if you play this way you will win the game even if you ignore all other objectives.

Thanks again.

So the achievement is working for you then?

For Morocco's "Here's Lookin at You, Kid" Achievement:

You need to conquer Lisbon, build airports in Lisbon and Casablanca, then airlift a settler or worker from directly inside Casablanca to Directly inside Lisbon, not beside them, INSIDE.

You could, in theory, conquer Casablanca as Portugal and then do it, but Iunno, especially since the icon is Ahmad and Maria embracing~

Just updated the Brave New World and Broken Achievement sections...[/QUOTE

I can confirm win as senario achievememnts working got Civ & level achievement in Wonders of Ancient World. Win count in Log doesn't update though for PSG achievement.
Win as leader for non senario broken. Log counts for Vanilla units, wonders, tiles etc are updating OK.
Hanging out for BMW here in NZ, hoping Greenman sends the key tonight (i.e. using Kiwi or a least Aussie time for release, won't to be too happy if they are using GMT for ROW key releases but if it happens c'est la mort ... )
JD

Kia Ora!

Back when Vanilla came out, MightyApe delivered it on the morning of the 24th (as they do), but it wouldn't unlock until Midnight GMT. So I think we're out of luck on that front, even if GMG delivers the key on time

Kia Ora!

Back when Vanilla came out, MightyApe delivered it on the morning of the 24th (as they do), but it wouldn't unlock until Midnight GMT. So I think we're out of luck on that front, even if GMG delivers the key on time

Stink Bro, Stink.
Ka Kite ano

So the achievement is working for you then?

Yep you just have to defeat Cairo as well as build a RR to it, before I had just asked for open borders and built the RR to it. The game wont acknowledge that for the achi though.

Well, I can report that 'Dr. Livingstone, I Presume' from the Scramble for Africa scenario is bugged and not working. I started a game as Belgium and by luck more than anything else, I had Dr. Livingstone pop up right next to Stanley a couple of turns in.

I've tried having Livingstone walk up next to Stanley, Stanley walk up next to Livingstone, and the two of them ending the turn next to each other... it doesn't trigger. :(

Kinda' took the wind out of my sails. That cheevo was the only reason I wanted to play as Belgium, seeing as they start from a seriously disadvantageous position.

Incidentally, something just occurred to me... did model of a Modern Major-General just become unachiveable? You need to build a Foreign Legion for that one, and you can't anymore - since they stopped being one of France's UU's and instead are only available from a specific civic choice. :confused:

Well, it's always possible to disable the DLC-pack and play it oldschool, but still...

Incidentally, something just occurred to me... did model of a Modern Major-General just become unachiveable? You need to build a Foreign Legion for that one, and you can't anymore - since they stopped being one of France's UU's and instead are only available from a specific civic choice. :confused:

Well, it's always possible to disable the DLC-pack and play it oldschool, but still...

Hmm, can anyone confirm that it's not working without disabling?

Top Bottom