WW2-Global

Sorry, but I can't find the 2.6 version download file... :p
I also have many problems with others scenarios. If I install more than one, I can play only the last installed. Where I can find a link for a unique group of files that allows me to play most of the mod scenarios of this wonderful game? :p

when is "ww2 global gold" is coming? it's looking great:)

Thank you all for your interest. :) In fact WW2 Global Gold is ready for upload since the first days of January 2012. But WW2 Global Gold is connected to the SOE files and here addtional work was and is needed to the SOE civilopedia, even if measured in betatest scale.

I hope at the end of next weekend SOE and WW2 Global Gold (both betatest versions) can be uploaded, so even at that date bigger parts of the SOE civilopedia will not be completed, but both scenarios will be playable. :)

I like what I see in the preview Civinator; I do have a couple questions though. I see in that screenie for the T34/85 you have an ability called probe attack??? I realize it is just a renamed ability, but I can't think of what that is. :confused: I happen to be playing one of the earlier variations right now, I've done a lot of "what-if" type games with this scenario, it's really good for that. Why did you change the rubber image though, is it just part of the new set of artwork?

I've mentioned this to Rocoteh before, but some of the unit lines are not ideal and could use some work. Since you are already revamping it, maybe you could take a look at those? The Japanese air units and some of the late model units for several countries come to mind(like those two IS tank types where one has an extra +2 hp on the other for like 15 shields). Also, speaking of HP, I find it very useful if the Pedia entries mention those, AOI was wonderful in that regard.

I am looking forward to trying the new version though, nice work!

I do have a couple questions though. I see in that screenie for the T34/85 you have an ability called probe attack??? I realize it is just a renamed ability, but I can't think of what that is. :confused:

Hi Sasebo, as you can see this entry is linked in the ciivilopedia. So if you don´t know what it is, you only have to click on the link. As you can´t do it at present, I will do it for you: :)

I simply like that term better than retreat as a bonus and there are WW2 games that use that term.

Why did you change the rubber image though, is it just part of the new set of artwork?

Interesting what you all have with the rubber resource. :lol: What is the difference for the resource if you make balls from rubber or tires??

When the screenshot was taken, the SOE resources weren´t done yet in complete and WW2 Global Gold is connected to the SOE files. O.k. you will get your beloved tires. Here is a screenshot of the T-34/85 as it looks now in the civilopedia:

I've mentioned this to Rocoteh before, but some of the unit lines are not ideal and could use some work. Since you are already revamping it, maybe you could take a look at those? The Japanese air units and some of the late model units for several countries come to mind(like those two IS tank types where one has an extra +2 hp on the other for like 15 shields).

SOE also is a gigantic construction set for updating WW2 scenarios, so this would be no problem. With some mouseclicks many hundreds of fully operational units could be added to WW2 Global Gold without big problems (for example WW2 Global Gold has about 300 units but SOE has far over 1.000 units - I never had the time to count them all).

But this is Rocoteh´s and Meateater´s scenario and it will stay their scenario. WW2 Global Gold is a graphical update of Rocoteh´s famous scenario and a kind of saying thank you for all his great work. There are only some very small changes in gameplay, one of them making Russia an own culture group and the skip first turn flag for all civs but Germany, so now Germany invades Poland and not the other way.

Also, speaking of HP, I find it very useful if the Pedia entries mention those, AOI was wonderful in that regard.

The WW2 Global Gold (and the SOE) civilopedia informs about additional hitpoints, too and even explains them when klicking on the link.

I am looking forward to trying the new version though, nice work!

Thanks for the kind words. In RL I got a lot of additional work this week, so the upload date this weekend is endangered.

Attachments

• Probe attack.jpg
    Probe attack.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 2,275
  • T34-2.jpg
    T34-2.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 2,289
Hopefully the Looooong (years and years) wait for SOE is perhaps over.
Still got those first versions and they are eons from the looks of these new versions.
Both this Global and SOE will be a hit to be sure.

Please gents, DON´T pull the plug this time (as once before) and inform us that it´s still not going to be released in any form. Guard your HDs, NO crash without backups.
Just see on El Justos Age Imp scenario. Sooo close to a fine upgrade then bang !!!

I can´t take more heartbrakers ;-)

So before this February is over I hope to play one or both. Don´t slap my fingers please

Interesting what you all have with the rubber resource. :lol: What is the difference for the resource if you make balls from rubber or tires??

The tires just looks more 'modern' to me,while the balls have a more ancient period feel to it. I was looking at it again and the balls would have been fine; I guess it was just a matter of being so used to it.

You know I have so many versions of this scenario on my HD that I sometimes get them confused. :crazyeye: Take you time if you have too, RL is always more imprtant.

Please gents, DON´T pull the plug this time (as once before) and inform us that it´s still not going to be released in any form. Guard your HDs, NO crash without backups. Just see on El Justos Age Imp scenario. Sooo close to a fine upgrade then bang !!!

Cemo1956, what happened to my friend El Justo and all civers with the newest version of AoI was a real tragedy. I had a similar experience some month before the release of my epic mod CCM when my pc cought fire - but fortunately I did make backups so there was only a minimal loss of progress in the development of CCM in those days. There still exists an upload of the SOE mainfile at the SOC server that is close to the betatest version. In the new upload only some new units that were published in the last two month (p.e. the Mogami class, the Kii class, Wotan49´s multi naval units and the Czech tank from Gwendoline) and an upgraded version of the civilopedia will be added.

SOE underwent several massive rebuilts during the creating phase due to the gigantic dimensions of this project, that let us reach many limits of modding in Civ 3 in times when these limits were not known yet. The last big changes, including a complete rebuilt of the map and a change from weekly turns to monthly turns were done by me less than one year ago - but this version was not tested very intensively. So please be prepared, that SOE, in spite of the very long time of creating this scenario, is in an early phase of beta and here a lot of things still can happen, due to the lack of intensive prebetatesting of the last version of SOE.

Not sure if anybody gets on this thread anymore, but I was wondering if there was a way I could download this mod. The link does not seem to work anymore, it is corrupted by adware or something. If anyone could give me a working link to a download that would be awesome. Thanks!

Not sure if anybody gets on this thread anymore, but I was wondering if there was a way I could download this mod. The link does not seem to work anymore, it is corrupted by adware or something. If anyone could give me a working link to a download that would be awesome. Thanks!

It is not corrupted by addware, the SOC server is down since some years.
WW2 Global Gold needs the files of SOE and SOE needs a rework - and that needs time.

When the betatest starts for CCM version 2.00, you can take into account that work will start on SOE and WW2 Global Gold.

Here you can read more:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13500376&postcount=133
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13155065&postcount=120

Rocoteh, the great creator of that scenario, left CFC many years ago and didn´t want that his scenario will be hosted any longer by CFC and Atomic Gamer (that is now closed, too). As the new version of WW2 Global Gold will need some time until it will come to the public again (approx. next year), I will have a look if I still have the original files of Rocoteh´s WW2 Global and can upload them at Civforum.de with a link in this thread.

Thanks for responding. I don't really know what SOC and SOE are, but if you find a way I can download the WW2 mod that would be awesome.

Service for the fans of Rocoteh´s great scenario WW2 Global

As the reworked upload of SOE and the graphical update WW2 Global Gold will still last some time, in the meantime here is a link to the old files of Rocoteh´s scenario including the biqs up to his last version 2.6:

http://www.civforum.de/showthread.p...o-WW2-Global&p=7305843&viewfull=1#post7305843

The files must be unzipped into the C3C scenario folder. The WW2 Global 2.6 biq must be copied outside the WW2 Global folder into the C3C scenario folder so the scenario can be started.
In a test the scenario started with the files provided and the 2.6 biq, but the files were not tested in a complete game yet.

Additionally please read the first posts of Rocoteh in this thread.

Last edited:
thanks, that ww2 one looks really interesting. i messaged him just in case he ever reads it about both. if anyone who reads this thread happens to still have the grande guerre one, would really be happy for upload or link to it! tried to put the aoi units into the great war 2.1 scenario but dont remember much on the tech tree because both were different.

Top Bottom