Platyping's Python

Yeah, these 2 I intend to change to projects:
Sun Tzu Art of War. It is/was a book or manual anyway
Women's Suffrage.

However, I intend to swap Sun Tzu and Arc De Triomph, since Arc's powers is a one off benefit. No point keeping it as a wonder, since conquerer gets nothing out of it. Might as well give the power to Sun Tzu project.

The other one-off benefit wonder is lotus, once I find a suitable project I will convert it as well. Don't like to see a white elephant wonder right after it is built

Swapped, the necessary python files.
I just leave it here a few days for those who still want the original Arc or Sun, before I change the database files

Bleh, now I need to find a new button for Sun Tzu

Swapped, the necessary python files.
I just leave it here a few days for those who still want the original Arc or Sun, before I change the database files

Bleh, now I need to find a new button for Sun Tzu

Why not keep both? keep the wonder up and put up a project as well for ppl to have their choice

You are the one who complained about file size Hehe:banana:

Haha, just joking. If I wanna put up both versions, I will rather zip both together and place them at same download link.

The ones I don't want to keep as wonder are mostly those with one-off benefits.
Never liked those like oracle and taj mahal.
When it is built, you say "Wow", few turns later, the benefits wear-off and it is just there to generate GP points...

Haha, just joking. If I wanna put up both versions, I will rather zip both together and place them at same download link.

The ones I don't want to keep as wonder are mostly those with one-off benefits.
Never liked those like oracle and taj mahal.
When it is built, you say "Wow", few turns later, the benefits wear-off and it is just there to generate GP points...

I do see your point, but the short term ones you definatly see the effect a lot easier, depends on your style

Anyway quick question, the carhenge, you get money for destorying armor units, but you said whenever python creates a lag on a large scale, so wouldnt a modern/futuristic game where there is a war have alot of lag? i want to know before i put this into my mod

Well, it is only activated when a unit is killed.

Unlike unit built where 100 cities can produce 100 units each and every single lategame turn, usually we don't get to see 100 units being killed every turn.
In fact, there are some mods where you can produce multiple units per city.
Also, if the AI is killing/being killed by your units, you get to see the fighting animation anyway(by default) so for wars where your units are involved, the killing is done 1 by 1 anyway

And even if you choose to off the animations and 100 units are killed every turn, carhenge only has 1~2 lines codes. It shouldn't be that laggy, I hope

Well, it is only activated when a unit is killed.

Unlike unit built where 100 cities can produce 100 units each and every single lategame turn, usually we don't get to see 100 units being killed every turn.
In fact, there are some mods where you can produce multiple units per city.
Also, if the AI is killing/being killed by your units, you get to see the fighting animation anyway(by default) so for wars where your units are involved, the killing is done 1 by 1 anyway

And even if you choose to off the animations and 100 units are killed every turn, carhenge only has 1~2 lines codes. It shouldn't be that laggy, I hope

Alright thanks man, having some problem with my mod due to python, if i can figure it out i plan on putting in carhenge

1) Added an additional check to check if player has WTC before scrolling through list of cities to see where WTC is.

2) Moved codes at BeginPlayerTurn to EndPlayerTurn for better accuracy:

Eg 1) Olympics meant to trigger at iGameTurn % 25 == 0, means Turn 25, 50, 75.
Set at Begin will trigger at 26, 51, 76.
Set at End will trigger at 25, 50, 75.

Seti and White House untouched, since logically, if you declare war this turn, aliens should help you next turn not this turn, no issue.

Wonders Affected:
Big Ben, WTC, Olympics, Traits

Nothing new, just swapped these 2 projects benefits:

First Cloned Mammal
Spoiler :

Human Genome Project
Spoiler :

Basically, the benefit is extracted from protective traits. Quite appropriate for this project though

New:

National College
Spoiler :

Civ V Library, National Wonder

Hey I remember you saying a while back you wanted to add a third trait as an effect to a wonder/project, well i had an idea for you, this modcomp adds a third trait, so maybe have all of the leaders have NONE as a third trait, having them all have 2 traits, but an option for a third, and have a wonder change the NONE to something

no python command related to adding/changing trait except checking whether the player has that trait :dunno:

Not sure what you mean.

If 1900 is your start year, let it start at 1901 then?
Or better still, since you edited the game speed file, if you know exactly which turn = which year, which month, you might as well compare game turn rather than game year.

Coz as far as I see, there is only a getTurnYear command, didn't see any for Mth or Week

Not sure what you mean.

If 1900 is your start year, let it start at 1901 then?
Or better still, since you edited the game speed file, if you know exactly which turn = which year, which month, you might as well compare game turn rather than game year.

Coz as far as I see, there is only a getTurnYear command, didn't see any for Mth or Week

See thats the problem cant do 1901 cuz its by months, so how do i switch it to the turns?

if CyGame().getTurnYear(iGameTurn) >= olympicyear:

changed to

if iGameTurn > x:

or

if iGameTurn >= x:

where x is whichever game turn you want to start the olympic cycle, depending whether you want to include game turn x

If you want to let Olympics start right from turn 3 for instance, you might as well delete that whole sentence, then instead of
if iGameTurn % 25 == 0:

change to
if iGameTurn % 25 == 3:
then take care of the indentions

Edit:
National College:
Too long never make National Wonders, forgot to set it to 0 Conquest Possibility, sorry to the one who downloaded

NEW!!!

As I said, don't really like white elephant wonders lying around with one off benefits.
Lotus's power have been passed over to Utopia Project.
Don't worry, Lotus is not dead. It has been granted new powers which are ever lasting and more religious.

Utopia
Spoiler :

Was scouting Civ V Civilopedia for ideas and saw this description. "Stops nations and people from killing each other so often". Perfect.

Lotus Temple(Remake)
Spoiler :

This is the 3rd wonder after SETI and WTC that is bloody tedious.
Tedious part of Lotus is due to State Religion Changes.
Although the codes look long, actually the amount of lag is minimal since chances of state religion is low compared to others like beginplayerturn or onunitbuilt

Last wonder on Chinese New Year Eve lalala~

Top Bottom