Platypedia

whatever is in pedia or wb, will automatically be in pack.

Nothing much wrong with the old version, if you dont really care about the help tag.

Version 2.19

New Sort Methods:
1) Advisors (Techs, Units, Buildings, Wonders)
2) Special Abilities (Techs)
3) Favourite Civic (Leaders)
4) Favourite Religion (Leaders)
5) Corporations (Resources)

When your mod has 35436547 techs and you are wondering when can you do something special like ignore irrigation?

When your mod has 35436547 techs and you are wondering when can you do something special like ignore irrigation?

You just look for <bIgnoreIrrigation>1</bIgnoreIrrigation> in your Tech file, no? (it's easier than to open the game).

(dang! what happened to the smilie who sticked his tongue out?)

1 thing I am always curious is why there are 2 techs granting permanent alliance.

In the tech tree file of course, look for colors :D

but.. but... :D

I did look for colors, problem is they didnt do anything ;)

PHP:
	## Tech Colors ##
			screen.setPanelColor(szTechRecord, 206, 65, 69)
			self.aiCurrentState[i] = CIV_NO_RESEARCH
			if pTeam.isHasTech(i):
				screen.setPanelColor(szTechRecord, 222, 222, 22)
				self.aiCurrentState[i] = CIV_HAS_TECH
			elif pPlayer.isResearchingTech(i):
				screen.setPanelColor(szTechRecord, 100, 140, 220)
				self.aiCurrentState[i] = CIV_IS_RESEARCHING
			elif pPlayer.canEverResearch(i):
				iColor = Info.getEra() * 255 / gc.getNumEraInfos()
				screen.setPanelColor(szTechRecord, iColor*2, (255 - iColor)/2, iColor)
				self.aiCurrentState[i] = CIV_TECH_AVAILABLE
	## Tech Colors ##

However, further down in the file...
PHP:
## Advisors ##	
			screen.setPanelColor(szTechRecord, 206, 65, 69)
			if gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam()).isHasTech(i):
				screen.setPanelColor(szTechRecord, 20, 200, 30)
			elif pPlayer.isResearchingTech(i):
				screen.setPanelColor(szTechRecord, 255, 220, 0)
			elif pPlayer.canEverResearch(i):
	## Era Colours Start(255 - iColor)/2 ##
				iColor = Info.getEra() * 255 / gc.getNumEraInfos()
				screen.setPanelColor(szTechRecord, (255-iColor*iColor)/2, (iColor*iColor)/(9), (iColor*iColor))
	## Era Colours End ##

I actually thought they were put like : Era1=color, Era2=color etc.
Its pretty hard to get all the eras to fit a specific color, but with the above changes I'm at least halfway happy ;)

The colours of the tech tree in the pedia is controlled by the codes in PlatyPediaTechTree, rather than the actual tech tree file.

The codes for the era colors are done in a generic way rather than a list of "Ancient = xx, Medieval = yy etc", simply because I can't be bothered to do it in hard coded method.

Using hard coded method, it will either be a problem for mods which remove eras, or end up with eras with no colors unless you manually add the new eras.

Of course, it is pretty easy to change it to hard code version, BUG should be done that way.

Nah, its fine the way it is. Had fun getting a nice RGB code (255-iColor*iColor)/2, (iColor*iColor)/(9), (iColor*iColor), and have actually ended up naming the colors :D
1 neolithic. Earth Brown
2 ancient. Copper Orange
3 classical. Iron Olive
4 medieval. Royal Purple
5 renaissance. Enlightment Blue
6 industrial. Steel Grey
7 modern. Blue Sky
8 transhuman. Android Red
9 future. Purple Haze

Attachments

• Tech Colors.png
    Tech Colors.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 15,914
It does what it is supposed to do.
Based on whether x is required for y...

Bug Reporting Procedures
1) Activate Python Exceptions
2) Screenshot
3) Whether bug exists in standalone or after merging

While you are at it, take a screenshot of the problematic building's details in building pedia page as well.

Doh! I just made a screen shot and closed the game then noticed your follow up post :D

I will grab some more when I get the chance.

Here is a screen shot of part of the tree, I can't fit it all on the screen. :D

I highlighted some of the oddities. The circle with the cross is the one that has no requirements.

The other circles are where the tree criss crosses itself for, as far as I can tell, no logical reason.

Two buildings that are not part of the same group have been put, sort of, in the middle of each others group, rather than being next to the rest of their own group.

Hopefully the pic will make sense of that word jumble. :D

I will grab screens of the building pages when for you a bit later. I really like this feature and I would love to get it all neat an tidy! :D

Attachments

• building tree.jpg
    building tree.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 135
The circle with a cross, as it looks on the tree, does indeed have no requirements.
Thus, you do not see any arrows leading to it.
It does however, is a requirement for 7 other buildings, which is why you have 7 arrows leading from it.

Thus, it is placed there for that reason.
The tree is messy, because your XML has too many requirements set for the buildings?
Pretty much every building is linked to another in some ways, so that is already the best the tree can display.

How the tree display the arrows is coded by the initial coder, and so far it works for simple system, not something that complicated like this where every building is linked.

Top Bottom