For Pete's sake, let's finish out the upgrade trees for ALL unit types!

Peng Qi

Emperor
We just need an upgrade path for Chariots, Scouts, and a final upgrade for Machine Guns and we've got complete paths. I really hope Firaxis does this. Here are my suggestions for the two more complicated upgrade paths:

Chariot (The Wheel); 6:c5strength:, 10:c5rangedstrength:
Skirmisher (Engineering); 8:c5strength:, 11:c5rangedstrength:; loses rough terrain penalty.
Mounted Crossbowman (Printing Press); 15:c5strength:, 16:c5rangedstrength:; Keshik and Camel Archer replace this.
Fusilier (Metallurgy); 20:c5strength:, 26:c5rangedstrength:
Assault Gun (Combined Arms); 40:c5strength:, 50:c5rangedstrength:; retain 2 range, unlike Gattling/MG. Bonuses vs tanks also apply against Assault Guns
Harrier Jet (Advanced Ballistics); 6o:c5strength:, 6o:c5rangedstrength:; suffers same combat penalties Helicopter Gunship suffers.

Scout (Agriculture); 5:c5strength:
Explorer (Optics); 7:c5strength:
Pioneer (Astronomy): 12:c5strength:
Raider (Archaeology): 18:c5strength:
Guerrilla (Refrigeration): 24:c5strength:
Scout Sniper (Telecommunications): 40:c5strength:

Nice! I am all for your idea!

We just need an upgrade path for Chariots, Scouts, and a final upgrade for Machine Guns and we've got complete paths. I really hope Firaxis does this. Here are my suggestions for the two more complicated upgrade paths:

Mounted Crossbowman (Printing Press); 15:c5strength:, 16:c5rangedstrength:; Keshik and Camel Archer replace this.

Guerrilla (Refrigeration): 24:c5strength:

Great idea. For mounted crossbowman and guerrilla, perhaps we can get other techs for those, cuz those are peaceful techs.

Also, why not have battleship upgrades to missile cruiser and destroyer upgrades to something else (aegis cruiser?)

Also, why not have battleship upgrades to missile cruiser and destroyer upgrades to something else (aegis cruiser?)

Battleships were used with missile cruisers, that's why. However, CGs or CGNs up to an Aegis frigate or cruiser would be a grat idea.

Great idea. For mounted crossbowman and guerrilla, perhaps we can get other techs for those, cuz those are peaceful techs.

The reason I went with Printing Press for mounted Crossbowmen is because the kind of crossbow used mounted were rather small and complex. Additionally, I felt it would be appropriate for a peaceful tech within a clump of military techs to get a new unit jammed in there. Guerrillas need to be along the top line because they're a scout upgrade, and optical/navigational techs and ships have a straight-line upgrade path for the entire game.

Good ideas. Actually having scouts upgrade to useful combat units might make it less frustrating to see the AI attacking you with them in 1900 AD.

Top Bottom