Why can't we accuse AI of having troops on our border?

Really? They do that? I'm knew here....

If I knew that was going to happen I'd kept my mouth shut. Just thought it was funny...and to be honest I don't think it actually confirms the law because a hitler reference is totally legit in this circumstance.

edit: I know, I know, off topic...I'll shut up

Well, back after not playing for months, but thats something I always had with Civ. Sometimes, its time to play... just... one... more... turn.

Reading all this actually brings to mind what happened to me the day before yesterday. I had a solid friendship for centuries with Singapore, by dumping a bucketload of gold to them every once in a while and I had to sit and see idly how the Huns bullied the poor citystate multiple times. I kept telling them to bugger off, since I was protecting Singapore, but I wished I could just DoW them for bullying my friends.The third time they did it, I wiped the Huns out. I no longer cared for any diplomatic reprecussions.

By the way, love to have the replay function back. Yey! I missed a lot of patching and new stuff with G&K out it seems. Gonna be a nice couple of weeks to figure everything out.

You can't do it to them because it's a broken mechanic made to give the AI another advantage over the player, making the AI "better". I wouldn't mind if there was an option to take a diplo hit with that civ without declaring, but as it is it's designed with the full intention to gum up your plans while the AI can take advantage of the exact same tactics with impunity.

In other words, I don't like it.

So, how hard would it be to make a mod that expands dialog options to include all the stuff mentioned in this thread?

I would think it'd be something somone had already made.

It's so annoying that once you've said, 'oh I'm just moving through' you can never ever break this promise without a major diplo hit. 1k years can pass and the civ you promised this to can do all kinds of mean stuff to you, but if you DoW them, (even if you are no longer massed on their borders) then you are the duplicitous bad guy. FOR ALL TIME

I agree there should be an expiration of time where it'll no longer be held against you. But I've triggered the alert well premature before and still planned to invade so the number actually should be pretty high. Would 30 turns sound fair? It's the same as a trade agreement and makes it unlikely that the original invasion force is still there from when the AI saw them.

I'd like to see only one thing

1) What are you doing near my border? Are you about to DoW on me?

The rest I can live with those and stay happy about them. But not being able to force their hand, other than DoW myself is quite frustrating.

Top Bottom