Scenario update?

The Saharan Spy

Chieftain
Hey, I can't help noticing about the scenarios. Will they get updated with trade routes or new civs. Whet about "Conquest of the new world" Will they add the Portuguese!?!!? And establish trade routes. What about "into the renaissance"? Will they update the Moore with moroccon!??!!

I seriously doubt it (sadly). Would be too costly on development time.

Yeah, I doubt it. It's always possible to mod the scenario, though, no?

No way, they didn't update the old ones when gods and kings came out.

Ok, more interesting question: Is it possible for the community to re-make them using the new mechanics and Civilizations? Or would there be a legal mess because those are paid?

I think it depends. Let's use the New World scenario as an example:
The map might be tricky because you'd have to update the script for the new civs and that could be somewhat problematic if it can be used a la carte.

However, you can set it so it plays with the Maya, Inca, and Portugal without including those files. This would require people to own the scenario (Inca DLC), G&K (Maya), and BNW (Portugal) in order to play it. This part would have no legal problems best I can tell.

It's just the map script that concerns me. It's possible it'll only be available through a fixed map that someone creates.

I would love if the 'wonders of the bronze age' scenario included Babylon and the new Assyria, it was strange that Babylon was not included, I guess that it is because it's a DLC.

I would love if the 'wonders of the bronze age' scenario included Babylon and the new Assyria, it was strange that Babylon was not included, I guess that it is because it's a DLC.
Wonders of the Ancient world :p
If I am right Babylon was released after that DLC. But they're both different DLC's anyway, otherwise they should have added them together.

I really hope that sometime in the future they'll update the scenario's... imagine Into the Renaissance, with Portugal, Poland, Morocco and possibly Venice and the new game mechanics. An already very good scenario that would totally rock your socks off then.

I'm really hoping that Firaxis will release a Sumerian and Hittite DLC pack eventually (or in a third expansion) - they've already been partially made, after all. An updated WotAW scenario to come with them would just be the icing on the cake. ;)

Yeah, it was because it was released before the scenario that they weren't included. They already had a naked Babylonian DLC that didn't include a scenario. People would be upset if there was a Civ + scenario pack that followed later, especially if they new wonders were included so they had to pay for Babylon again.

Top Bottom