Beyond the future

Hey,

I have the same problem as ACIDer, I can't read what the buildings/units do and only see the : ....TXT. stuff.
Is this because the game got updated?

And will this be updated soon?

Hey it's been a while since an update! I had great hopes for this mod ;)
Take a look to the Call to Power mod, the guy created a huge future era.
Good luck!

I really love the extra techs, buildings and units. But I feel that this was released premature due to how all of the information regarding them is all unknown. Plus there are no visuals or recorded audio (doesn't have to be Leonard Nemoy speaking, but would be good if you used audio's from CIV IV that he doesn't say in Civ V), for the techs once they were are accomplished.

If this were released one month later than the original date, it could have been better.

Future recommendations: look at the Total Mod V .6 for additional techs such as cloning and genetics.

Terra Forming would be amazing, especially for the archiapeligo levels. And Map trading is basically a necessity which was stupid on Sid Meyers part not to include.

I think this should be updated with these, and I know one of the rules that you should not make mods for other people, but make them for yourself, but I also think that some of these changes are necessities to maximize the epicness of this mod. I see great things int he future releases of this mod. Amazing concept, fair execution.

p.s, only being this critical because when you love the things people do, its best to make them do better.

I totally agree about terraforming.

I'm an old school Alpha Centauri player as well as FfH and Orbis where you can use magic to upgrade tiles.

While it can be a pain some times, I really think the game is better if there are delays built into how you can improve tiles. I always like the Rise of Mankind mod in how it did that. My suggestion is something like this.

Tile Improvement progression: Early farms produce minimal food. Later with a tech like crop rotation (or some tech from about that time) allows farms to create more food. Same with mines. A mine dug in 1800 BC is going to VASTLY different from one dug after the 1800's to say nothing of the modern era. Taking an idea from Alpha Centauri (or the Civ IV Planetfall mod) later modern/future tech could have tidal energy producers. (I can't remember the exact name) which can be built in cost tiles.

More ways to improve tiles: Instead of just farms, be able to plant orchards which produce less food but more gold. This allows another way to focus one's empire. I would also have wind farms later in the game. Good for desert tiles.

Personally I think the space race victory is too easy. I think it should require one to develop a space station national wonder as well as a special facility that can only be built in a city w/ice in it's city radius to simulate testing the tech needed to build a city in harsh conditions. The tech that allows this would come in the future era.

More than anything else I think the game needs a Militia/National Guard system where units are expensive but once built they can be made 'inactive' where they cannot move out of the city they are in. To reactivate them costs a turn, gold and a :mad: bonus to represent the disruption due to the deployment.

Then there is a two related problems. The AI MUST be better at upgrading it's units! This absolutely must be done. I've noticed later in the game it is often easier to attack a large Civ with plenty of older units (say crossbows and steel swordsmen) with your riflemen because the city-states are fielding infantry! This makes no sense!

Related to this, units need to be able to be built much, much MUCH faster. Too often it takes so damn long to build units that by the time you build more than a few they are completely outdated. I keep playing games where I just run over my enemies because I have tanks...and they are still fielding musketmen because they don't have the time to build tanks even though they might have gotten the tech only 10 turns before. I mean w/o the AI upgrading their units, all you need to do is get a tech advantage, save up gold, upgrade to newer units and run over the opposition.

I mean what is up with 20 turns (!!!!) to build a canon? I'd rather have it where units are expensive but quickly built. That way you can build up an army, keep most of it inactive till needed and still be able to crank out units in a hurry if you need it. Then you have to make a choice after the war because you simply can't afford to keep those units. Those people who can't bear to part w/units with promotions will suffer the economic cost.

Are theree any people who can help me? After installation, what i have to do play this scenerio? I cant start any mod or scenerio until now?

love the new techs, however in the tech tree screen, on mouseover all that shows up is the "TXT_KEY_..." on the new techs/content... any tips or was it never written?
thanks for your time.

Great awesome mod, thank you for your effort.
The new techs and units are really cool, but I have the same problem as Spendoza, the texts of those mouse-overs seemed missing, is it the problem with downloaded files or it was never written? Also, I am using multiple mods, including the total conversion mod Civilisation NiGHTS, could it be an incompability problem?
Merci Beaucoup.

Great awesome mod, thank you for your effort.
The new techs and units are really cool, but I have the same problem as Spendoza, the texts of those mouse-overs seemed missing, is it the problem with downloaded files or it was never written? Also, I am using multiple mods, including the total conversion mod Civilisation NiGHTS, could it be an incompability problem?
Merci Beaucoup.

These two mods definitely won't work well together, and seeing as they're both conversion mods, they'd be best off played stand-alone, (with infoaddict of course). ;)

Having had both of these enabled at the same time, you'll probably continue to experience bugs until you delete your CIV V cache folder and the contents of your ModUserData folder.

These two mods definitely won't work well together, and seeing as they're both conversion mods, they'd be best off played stand-alone, (with infoaddict of course). ;)

Having had both of these enabled at the same time, you'll probably continue to experience bugs until you delete your CIV V cache folder and the contents of your ModUserData folder.

Thanks very much for your reply, a stupid mistake eh?
Since we have so much fantastic mods, why dont 2K Games or some one else make a mod manager like the ones of Fallout or The Elder Scroll? Which can display the mod index, sort the mods in certain load order thus reduces the chance of conflicts and allows players use multiple mod together.
BTW, this bad habit of mine(using multiple mods that alter the core files) comes from Fallout or The Elder Scroll, I should have learn more about the mod machanics of Civ 5 first.
And sorry for my bad English too.:lol:

I ve played little information era. But something is wrong. Advanced Mechanized Infantry is - Grand War Infantry - Railgun Armour is - Tank, and Railgun Destroyer is - Batlleship. How can I change the skin. Orbital Missile and UAV is ok. Why I can t raze the city, only anexe?

Top Bottom