Modular building question

toft

King
Hey

I've made a new technology that when researched allows me to build a building. The pedia acts as it should, and I can place the building with WB and it looks fine. BUT! When I researched the tech, and upon starting to build the building... CTD!

I have no idea what I did wrong... anyone?

I might be an empty XML sub-structure. I have experienced CTD with that before. Example:

You have the following valid structure in Civ4BuildingInfos.xml:

<PrereqTech>TECH_GUILDS</PrereqTech>
<TechTypes>
<PrereqTech>TECH_CURRENCY</PrereqTech>
<PrereqTech>NONE</PrereqTech>
</TechTypes>

and now you change it to:

<TechTypes>
</TechTypes>

instead of:

<TechTypes/>

then you will probably get CTD on discovering the tech which enables the building. I think the same goes for techs and units.

Spoiler :
I might be an empty XML sub-structure. I have experienced CTD with that before. Example:

You have the following valid structure in Civ4BuildingInfos.xml:

<TechTypes>
<PrereqTech>TECH_CURRENCY</PrereqTech>
</TechTypes>

and now you change it to:

<TechTypes>
</TechTypes>

instead of:

<TechTypes/>

then you will probably get CTD on discovering the tech which enables the building. I think the same goes for techs and units.

I tried, but still I still get CTD. I have attached 2 images, if that might help.

I only guessed at what might be the problem. I might be able to help you, but then I need the buildings xml and the technologies xml file. You can PM me if you want to.

You are right. The XML was fine, so I suggested to look at art files/definitions and Toft solved the problem himself.
I think most CTD's are due to problems with art. I actually recently found a way to crash through XML, so hence my earlier misconception

Top Bottom